"I'm sorry, personal?" I asked as he dug into his pocket pulling out a checkbook.

"Amira gave me the honor of looking through your portfolio and I'm quite impressed. I think everyone should start somewhere and I wanted you to start with me... would do you say?" He asked before ripping the paper out and sliding it my way. I took a double look at what he was offering.

"Your personal designer?"

"He's not a man to repeat himself Miss Raven, I suggest you take the offer" Amira added.

"Well thank you Mr.Ricardo for this opportunity" he gave a look over as he smiled again.

"Of course, I sure Amira will fill you in on my upcoming events" he passed me his card before raising up from his seat. "Have a good day ladies"

"Tuh Peter could never" She muttered under her breath. "Why don't we discuss what he's looking for" I nodded as we talked more about what to expect. I was beyond thankful for all of the opportunities that have been opening up for me.

I made my way out of her office with a stomach emptier than my gas tank. Once I rounded the corner, people were still deep into their computers:

"We were just about to grab lunch, where have you been?" Liv asked grabbing her bag.

"Oh I was talking with Amira" I said keeping it short.

"Sure was a long talk, I'm surprised the woman can keep a conversation for 2 hours long" Zelle said.

"What happened to women supporting women, ever since you ain't get picked for this stupid competition you've been degrading my ability and ion like that. Either you fix the attitude or I'll fix it for you" I said rolling my eyes.

"This is me supporting, now can we eat" she muttered walking ahead of us. One thing I didn't need was new friends.

❆  ❆  ❆

Something about someone else paying for your food puts me in a happy mood. Ennessey and Saige had planned this dinner at one of their favorite restaurants to talk about plans for their wedding.

"You look good" the chills ran through my body as I looked over my shoulder to see him standing there with a smirk. He licked his lips looking me over.

"Oh I know love" I said causing him to laugh. I followed our large group to one of the blocked off sections for the dinner.

"Ooo this dress is giving" I said looking Ennessey over. She smiled doing a little twirl.

"It really is, a good friend of mine made it for me" She's been my model since we were kids, I would always dress her up or make clothes I think fit her aesthetic. It made me more confident with Mr.Ricardo. I already had some ideas brewing.

"Hey I just wanted to thank everyone for making it tonight" she started as I went ahead and took the last seat available... by Silas. I could barely pay attention to what she was saying since Silas and one of the girls next to him kept flirting.

"We were thinking of doing a group ski trip instead of bachelor and bachelorette parties" Saige said bringing me out of my thoughts.

"Damn so no strippers" Silas joked making Saige suck his teeth.

"Don't get hurt" I chuckled. "We wanted to share this experience with everyone instead of separate trips"

"Shii I'm down" one of their friends said as a waiter came by passing us all a menu. They started to talk more about the trip and when it would take place. As I glanced around, I noticed one of the empty chairs that was meant for Stella. She had planned this dinner over a month ago and the only family who showed was her cousin Dixie.