Bad Blood

Kengan liner

Ken and his fighter Himuro were standing in a luxurious hallway, they were standing a few feet away from Kaneda who'd requested something that neither of them could've predicted

Ken:wh-what?

Himuro:Kaneda...are you being serious right now?

Ken looked like he'd just heard a bad joke but Kaneda was completely serious about the situation

Kaneda:ohoh, no, no! that wasn't my intention at all. I'll ask one more time Mr.Himuro. Would you kindly give me your position as representative fighter?

Ken:h-hang on! What're you talking about, Kaneda? I can't swap fighters even if I wanted to at this point.

Despite the panicked state of the businessman, Kaneda remained calm and smiling

Kaneda:oh but you can, there were two things the chairman said that caught my attention. The first being that "representative fighters will be registered upon our arrival at the land of battle".

Ken:huh?

Himuro crossed his arms, he liked Kaneda but at this moment he was holding back the urge to rip his head off

Kaneda:to put that another way, he might as well have been saying "you're free to substitute representative fighters until our arrival at our destination".

Ken:No No No! Because didn't he also say that fights between representative fighters are forbidden onboard?!

Kaneda laughed earnestly

Kaneda:you need to listen to peoples words more closely, Mr.Ohya. The chairman only forbid fights between other fighters. In this case "fighter" refers to the provisional representative of the 32 competing corporations, so I'd say...Sekibayashi and Yu were to try and have a rematch at this moment it'd be against the rules. But any other fights such as between Himuro and myself are entirely acceptable as I am an outsider.

He pointed down the hall

Kaneda:as proof, just look over there.

Ken looked back and saw two guards standing in front of a door watching them but they hadn't budged an inch despite being well within earshot

Kaneda:I'm openly contriving to start a personal fight but the bodyguards show no signs of stopping me. That kind of attitude tells me that fights between non competitors are entirely acceptable.

Ken:hehe...w-well I'll be damned...I never thought there'd be such a big loophole in the tournaments rules.

Kaneda smirked

Kaneda:Yes. This "loophole" is simply too unnatural, the Kengan Association would never overlook a rule as porous as a sieve as this one. That would mean it was a loophole opened intentionally, but to what end? It's almost as if...he's trying to test us.

There was a short pause

Himuro:are you done talking?

He snapped the cufflinks on his wrists as he stepped forward

Ken:wa-wait Himuro!