Chapter 15 : Truths Untold

Start from the beginning

Right as the younger prince closes the door behind you, you catch traces of complaints coming from one particular prince that give you a good chuckle. "Why did Sunghoon get a parting kiss? Where's mine?" Sunoo whines followed by a soft staccato hit – something akin to a light smack. "No, not from you, Riki! I'm literally going to be with you for the next thirty minutes."

"Shall we, m'lady?" Jungwon bows, offering a hand out for you to hold. The scene before you feels awfully familiar, and you're instantly transported back to the first night you met Jungwon. He had bowed at you in the same exact manner when he led you out of Sunghoon's room and to the balcony of your old music room. You can't help but smile as you realize how close you've grown with the princes since then.

"We shall, my kind prince," you giggle, curtsying back at him and accepting his hand.

"Oh, I've been promoted!" Jungwon notes gleefully, leading you toward the library.

"Promoted?" you parrot in confusion.

"On the night we first reunited a couple of months ago, you addressed me as 'kind sir.' But now I'm your kind prince."

"I'm surprised you still remember that," you shake your head lightly in astonishment.

"I remember everything you say, beloved. How could I ever forget when you mean so much to me?" Jungwon responds smoothly, swinging your intertwined hands back and forth as you walk. Your heart skips a beat and you can't help the blush that creeps up the back of your neck, across your cheeks, and to the tips of your ears.

"You're going to be the death of me, Jungwon," you sigh breathily.

"What do you mean?" the prince asks in mild alarm. "Why would I ever kill you?"

"Because I might melt into a puddle if you keep saying all these sweet things."

"Oh, well in that case," he shrugs ambiguously, trailing off in thought. You know he's feeling rather boastful judging by the light smirk that rests on his lips.

When you turn the corner at the next intersection, you're able to instantly pick out the library sitting amongst the other buildings ahead. Just as Heeseung mentioned, it's a grand building – far larger than any other library you've ever seen. Its exterior architecture incorporates all of the elements of baroque design with its opulent foundation. The building's ground level is based on durable concrete to uphold the integrity of the structure. On the upper levels, smooth stone columns give way to intricately detailed balusters finished with exuberant carvings all around. At the library's center, is a large blue-green dome adorned with gold detailings that suggest influences of rococo design.

"That's the library," Jungwon announces softly, turning his chin to study your features just like how you're studying the building. The only difference is that the prince holds so much love and adoration in his eyes while memorizing every inch of your features – rather than the astonishment lighting up your gaze.

"I think I want to live here now," you joke breathlessly.

"You don't want to live with us anymore? You'd rather spend the rest of eternity with a bunch of books instead of seven dashingly handsome vampire princes?" he pokes back but smiles gummily when you roll your eyes with a fond smile.

"Well, ideally, I'd live here with my seven dashingly handsome vampire princes," you correct and Jungwon laughs harmoniously. It's a deep chuckle that comes from deep within his chest, one that you get to hear when the prince is truly happy. "I like it when you laugh like that," you comment truthfully. "You sound so happy which automatically makes me happy."

"Look who's being cheesy now. You might kill me at this rate," Jungwon teases, bumping his shoulder lightly with yours. The prince is taken by surprise when you suddenly lean over to plant a quick kiss on his cheek. "I think you missed," he huffs with a small pout, stopping just as you approach the steps leading up to the library's main entrance.