ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴇʟᴇᴠᴇɴ

The next morning, Brooklyn awoke from the sunlight that shone through her window. She opened her phone to see that her long term agent — Mandy — had texted her a few hours ago.

Mandy
Hey Brooklyn
You've got an audition today at 12, a bit outside of that small town you're staying in
It's a little less than an hours drive

Brooklyn
Okay, I'll be there
Thanks Mandy 💓

Brooklyn sighed, realizing she'd have to bail on Isaac for today's fair. She checked the time. 10:59 a.m. 'Shit.' Brook shot out of bed, getting into a casual dress and sliding on her converse. She quickly brushed her teeth and washed her face.

The girl rushed out her bedroom, getting stopped by Isaac in the hallway. “Wha— where are you going?” She halted, almost colliding with him entirely. “Sorry, Isaac. I have somewhere to be, I promise I'll make it up to you." Brooklyn gave him a quick kiss on the cheek, running down the stairs and out the door.

He was upset that he couldn't spend another day with her but a kiss on the cheek definitely lessened his disappointment. Though, he wondered where she was going. And why she was in such a rush.

Is she with another guy? Shut up, Isaac. He thought to himself. He shook the negative thoughts out of his head. The boy went back to his room, listening as the front door shut behind Brooklyn.

Brooklyn practically dove into her car, hurriedly starting it and driving to the location that the GPS on her phone displayed. She made it to her destination just on time, running into a familiar face.

“Adrian?” The Moreno girl called out to her co-star in her last movie — who was sitting on a waiting chair, his nose buried into his script. His head shot up at the sound of his name and her voice. Adrian's expression went from caught off guard to a kind smile.

“Brooklyn.” He rose from his seat, giving the girl a greeting hug. “I'm so glad to see a familiar face.” Adrian let out a small sigh of relief, feeling comforted that he wasn't alone. He always got pre-audition jitters.

“What part are you reading for?”

The pair talked about their role applications and kept each other company as they waited for their names to be called.

Meanwhile, Isaac was alone at the house as the others spent their day at the fair. He thought about going but he didn't want to go without Brooklyn. If the girl knew this, she would've forced him to go have fun without her but she didn't, instead she was clueless and busy doing her job.

It wasn't until later at night that the auditions were over. Brooklyn and Adrian parted ways outside of the building, the time was now 9:48p.m. The fair concert was now starting but the girl was too exhausted to attend. She made a small pit stop before she drove home, expecting an empty house.

When she pulled into the ranch, she noticed that the lights in the house were on. Who was home? She asked herself. The girl cautiously walked into the house, careful not to make too much noise to wake whoever was there incase they were asleep.

The light came from the Garcia room. Rays of artificial light creeped from under the door. Brooklyn gently knocked, opening the door once she heard a faint 'come in'. Isaac was laying on his bed in his pajamas, his laptop resting on his lap as he watched a movie. "Why aren't you at the concert?" Brooklyn whispered.

"I didn't feel like going when I found out you weren't going." Isaac whispered back. He didn't quite know why she was whispering, but he whispered back with no questions asked. Even if they were the only ones there. "Isaac.” She said in a scolding tone, her eyebrows furrowing. She hated that he missed out on the concert because of her.