ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴡᴏ

Brooklyn searched the fiction section in the school library in hopes of finding a new book to read in her last period — English.

Her fingered trailed over the title. Little women. After a quick skim over the book summary, she decided to check it out. As she was nearing the librarian, she overheard a very interesting conversation.

"Wait, Cole and Alex did what?" Jackie asked, awfully loud for being in a library. "Before Brooklyn left for her acting gig in LA, Alex and Cole were crazy in love with her. They didn't really fight per se, but they definitely had a little rivalry thing going on."

Brooklyn furrowed her eyebrows, unaware of this. Jackie seemed to have the same reaction. "Did she feel the same for either of them?" Grace shook her head. "No, but there was a rumour that she liked a different boy in the house."

"And after the whole Brooklyn thing, they sorted it out until the Paige thing happened." Skyler added. A notification from Brooklyn's phone distracted her from the rest of the conversation. Instagram.

Isaac
where are you?

Brooklyn
the Library

Isaac
what's your last period?
I'll walk you

Brooklyn
English
I'll meet you outside

Isaac hearted a message

Brooklyn was careful not to let Jackie, Skyler or Grace see her so they wouldn't know she eavesdropped on their gossip.

She left the library with her checked out book in hand, seeing Isaac leaning against a wall right outside.

"You have English for last period too?" Brooklyn asked, hoping that she wasn't alone. "Unfortunately." Isaac responded, finding the subject quite boring.

"Let's go before we're late." He stood up straight, pushing away from the wall he was leaning on. "Lead the way."

Once they arrived in front of the English room, Brooklyn pulled the door open, standing beside it. "Ladies first." She gestured, allowing Isaac to enter first.

He furrowed his eyebrows, scoffing out a small chuckle before rolling his eyes and walking in first with a smile.

They sat beside each other at the back. Both paying no attention to the lesson. Brooklyn was caught up in her book, nearing the halfway mark. In her opinion, she could've finished more than half of the book if Isaac hadn't been pestering her.

Every few minutes he'd watch her read until he gained her attention just so he could ask her something stupid or pretend he needed her to explain something in the text book. This continued until the bell rang.

"Before you guys leave, there's a project due in a month. Read any book and write a 10 page essay about the plot and some of your insights. Pick your own partners."

The entire class groaned in protest but that didn't change Professor Choudhry's mind on the assignment.

"Partners?" Isaac asked Brooklyn as they stood from their seats. "Sure." She nodded, using a pen as a bookmark. Isaac grabbed her bag before she could. "You can read while we walk, I'll lead the way."

He had a strap of her bag resting on his shoulder and his own bag on his other. Isaac gently led her through the hallways, his hand barely touching her back.

Little did he know, his touch was distracting her so much that she couldn't even get through a paragraph during the whole walk.

"Are you doing anything after school?" Isaac questioned, opening the front door to the school. "I'm going to a cafe to play Catan with Alex and Kiley. Wanna come with? I'll give you a ride."

"Only if I get to pick the music." Isaac bargained. "Deal." She agreed as they reached her car. Isaac sat in the passengers seat, placing their bags in the backseat.

The car ride was quiet for the most part. Not an awkward kind of quiet but a comfortable one. It didn't feel like it needed to be filled.

They arrived, Alex greeting her as they walked in. Brooklyn could feel her appetite growing. "You wanna share coffee and a sandwich, my treat? I can never finish it." She offered Isaac, seeing that Alex and Kiley both had their own.

"Can't say no to free food." He grinned, taking a seat beside Alex. She ordered the food at the counter and brought it to the table. As they played, Kiley noticed Brooklyn taking the first bite of the sandwich then feeding Isaac the second.

She looked at Alex to see his reaction but he seemed to be unfazed. As if it was normal behavior for them. Kiley also noticed when Isaac wiped the coffee mustache that remained on Brooklyn's upper lip after taking a sip of their coffee.

Though, she was curious, Kiley didn't point it out and instead they all enjoyed their game.

After the game had finished, it was already getting late. They decided they were done for the day and packed up.

Isaac and Alex rode with Brooklyn back home while Kiley drove to her night shift at Monty's. Unlike the ride to the cafe, there wasn't music playing. This time there was talking, about a bonfire.

"Are you going to the bonfire, Brook? You haven't been to one in so long." Alex asked, leaning forward from his seat in the back.

"As long as you and Kiley are going, I'm there." Brooklyn claimed, wanting her best friends to be with her. "Of course we're going. You know I'd never miss a game of beer pong." Alex smiled at her through the rear view mirror.

Brooklyn smiled back, getting close to the ranch. "Is Jackie going?"

"I think so. Besides, who doesn't go to the bonfires." Alex said, still leaning forward to be closer to Brooklyn. Even though Alex, Kiley and Brooklyn have been best friends since they could remember, she felt a little weird knowing that Alex used to be 'crazy in love with her' in Grace's words.

The girl ignored the thought. Maybe it was just rumours. Plus, he was far over her now but a certain Garcia didn't know that.

As she pulled into the ranch, she noticed Isaac being oddly quiet on the way back but she didn't say anything about it, assuming he was probably tired from socializing all day.

---

sᴀʀᴀʜ sᴘᴇᴀᴋs!

ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ʙᴇ ᴀғʀᴀɪᴅ ᴛᴏ ɪɴᴛᴇʀᴀᴄᴛ ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴛʜᴇ sᴛᴏʀʏ, ɪғ ʏᴏᴜ ᴄᴏᴍᴍᴇɴᴛ ɪ'ʟʟ ᴍᴏsᴛ ʟɪᴋᴇʟʏ ʀᴇsᴘᴏɴᴅ

ᴠᴏᴛᴇs, ᴄᴏᴍᴍᴇɴᴛs ᴀɴᴅ ғᴏʟʟᴏᴡs ᴍᴇᴀɴ sᴏ ᴍᴜᴄʜ 🥰