I could either get guitar or woodshop.

And then French or Flipino.

"It's sad to see guitar as one of the last ones." I said and checked off guitar. "It's such a wonderful instrument." I spoke up as I checked off French. She took and paper to enter it into the computer as I set the pen down.

"Kids have now lost music," Michael muttered. "The end is near Calum. Soon, the while pop-punk and rock part of music will fade and all the radio will play is boybands and bad rap music." He said and I chuckled.

"Don't cry Michael." I said and he laughed, telling me he wasn't crying. "Just think, you're in a band and you will inspire others to get into the pop-punk scene. Then one of those bands will grow big and inspire other kids and so forth. Pop-punk and rock isn't dead, not yet."

"That really made me feel better." He said and Calum laughed. "Like, really better. Thanks Sophia." I nodded and then the lady handed us some things.

"This must be signed and returned tomorrow morning. Also, please read through the code of conduct because it has the rules and such inside of it. Also, your classes Sophia." She said, handing Michael a packet and me a paper. We thanked her and then left, making our way to the car.

"We'll go over the booklet when we go home and I'll sign these after dinner." Michael said and I nodded. "Come on, let's go home. I'm tired of driving so much."

-

When we got home, I went up to my room and kicked my shoes off. I threw my socks in the dirty laundry basket and then went to Michael's room since the two had gone in there.

I jumped in between the two and they chuckled, Calum wrapping an arm around my waist as Michael opened the envelope. He pulled out some papers and set them aside before pulling out a few booklets.

"Blah blah I don't care about the state wide education system and shit." Michael said and tossed one booklet on the floor. "School rules... oh how I don't miss these. I loathed school. I was never very good at it."

Calum agreed and Michael opened the booklet, flipping through a page or two. He scooted over closer and then showed us the book as he read through the rules. "Of course the dress code would be first," Michael said with an eyeroll.

"Guys are not allowed to sag their jeans or wear pants that are too big. For PE they have to wear shorts or sweats with a tank-top or t-shirt." Michael read. "Unless they're in a sports team, then they wear their uniform."

"Michael, I am not a boy, I do not need to know the guys' dress code." I said and he laughed.

"Just reading it so you can note the obvious difference in the guys' dress code and the girls'." He said and I nodded. He hummed and then flipped the page.

"Girls are not allowed to wear leggings or shorts, dresses, or skirts that go within two or three inches above the knee. They cannot wear open toed shoes or heels at all unless it is for a dance or special occasion. They cannot wear spaghetti straps without something over it and they cannot wear shirts that show too much of their stomach or chest, their boobs basically. Oh, and no skinny jeans with too many rips or holes in it and for PE the shorts still need to be of appropriate length and they cannot wear spaghetti straps still. They still have to wear plain t-shirts and sweats, unless on a sports' team then they wear their uniform." He read on and on.

"That's bullshit." Calum said. "Guys have like three rules and girls have like thirty." He spoke up and Michael just shrugged. "Dress codes are unfair. I'm not saying I'd let you wear those things out to school but like come on. What if it's hot? What are you gonna wear? Capris?"