Chapter 20.

I followed the smell of bacon downstairs and into the kitchen where my two favourite people were. 'Good morning my loves,' I yawed before I stepped behind Taylor and looked down into the pan on the stove. 'Mmm, you're too good to me,' I murmured, giving her neck a soft kiss and smirking when she shuddered.

'Morning Mommy,' Hugo grinned at me from his spot at the kitchen island where he was buttering toast. 'Me and Mama made you breakfast.'

'Just me?' I questioned with a playful smile, 'What about Austie and Sel?'

Hugo rolled his eyes at me; something I would swear on an oath he learned from Taylor. 'Silly mommy,' he giggled, 'you have to share.'

'What? Why?' I asked, pretending to sound outraged.

Hugo got down from his stool and put his hands on his hips. 'Because Mama says it's nice to share and you want to be a nice girl, don't you?' He asked, sounding very much like Taylor whose shoulders I could see shaking from the corner of my eye.

I nodded, trying to keep a straight face. 'I guess Mama's right. Okay, I'll share it with Austin and Selena,' I told him.

Hugo ran over and wrapped her arms around my waist. 'Good girl Mommy. I'm proud of you for being kind,' he praised me, making my heart melt.

Breakfast was filled with laughter and smiles. It almost made me forget what had happened yesterday. Luckily for us, Tree had confirmed Diana wouldn't be pressing charges. Tree had spoken to her management who had also advised their client it would be the wrong move to make. She had even agreed to sign an NDA which was a bit of a shock, but Tree promised it would all be sorted by the time we got home.

Taylor hadn't brought it up again and I was thankful. It was our anniversary and I wanted it to be about us and only us. We deserved it after everything we'd been through. Once we were back on Sunday, we would spend a few days as a family with Hugo. Our boy loved his family time and I wanted to make the most of it since he was growing up so fast.

I got up to collect the dirty dishes. I always washed after Tyalor cooked and vice versa. 'I'll do that,' said Austin as he put a hand on my wrist to stop me from picking up his plate.

'It's okay. I always wash,' I told him, but he didn't let go.

'You need to leave soon,' he replied, pointing at his watch. 'Hugo, Selena and I have plans and they don't involve parents of any kind.' His smirk made me question if I had made a mistake entrusting him with my child.

Hugo took a big bite of his pancake. 'Yeah mamas, you guys need to leave so we can go to the museum and the aquarium,' he said, his mouth still partly full of food.

'Hugo swallow your food before you speak,' Taylor admonished him gently before she cut up his pancakes so he would take smaller bites.

He swallowed before apologising. 'Sorry, mama. I forgot,' he said sheepishly before he thanked her for cutting up his food.

'You're kicking us out?' I gasped with a hand over my heart, 'And I thought you loved us.' I pretended to look sad though I knew he'd never buy it.

'I do love you guys. But I love Austie and Sel too and they need some Hugo time,' He said seriously, making everyone laugh.

'You heard him. It's our turn, so scram,' joked Selena, taking Taylor's plate away that she was still eating from.

Taylor gave her half-hearted glare which Selena stuck her tongue out at before she got up from the island. 'We love you too, baby, and I know you're going to have so much fun today,' she told Hugo before bending down to kiss his hair.