Chapter 19

A/N: I would apologise to the Diana fans, but honestly, I'm not even sorry 🤭
------------------------------------------------------------------

'Karlie, Hi,' she waved as she moved towards us, 'You look gorgeous.' I felt Taylor tense beside me and I grabbed her hand. Diana Agron was the last person I wanted to run into tonight, and I suspected Taylor felt the same, though our reasons were probably very different.
------------------------------------------------------------------

I was staring at her and I knew I was, but seriously what the fuck was she doing here, and how dare she call my girlfriend gorgeous right in front of me. I looked at Karlie who looked paler than Joe which was a great feat. I felt sorry for her. She had no idea that I was already aware of the secret that she had been too scared to tell me. It just so happened that I'd overheard her and Mikey discussing it one night after we'd all had too much wine.
------------------------------------------------------------------

Mikey had followed Karlie, who had gone for another bottle of wine, into the kitchen at least twenty minutes ago and neither had returned yet. Joe was already passed out on the sofa and I was in danger of following right behind him.

'I'm going to see what's taking them so long,' I spoke to Joe, who obviously didn't respond before I made my way to the kitchen.

I stopped in my tracks just before I pushed the door open. I could hear raised voices, specifically Karlie's raised voice though Mikey's wasn't much quieter.

'How do I even bring that up? She basically yelled to which Mikey replied with, 'I don't know, but you need to tell Taylor, or I'm afraid she will.'

Who? I wondered. Who would tell me? And more importantly, what would they tell me?

'I can't Mikey. She's been through so much and I'm afraid this will break her. She doesn't deserve any of this. It was a mistake and I've regretted it ever since, but Taylor might not understand that and I can't lose her, I just can't.' She was sobbing now, and I desperately wanted to go to her and tell her that I would never leave her. It didn't matter what she had done, we would get through it. 

Mikey spoke again and my hand froze on the door. 'I know and I understand, but it will hurt her so much more if she finds out from Diana-'

Diana! What the fuck did she have to do with it? Why was my girlfriend scared that Diana would tell me something that would potentially cause me to leave her?

'And we both know how much satisfaction she would gain from causing you both pain. She was so undeniably bitter that Taylor chose you over her. it would give her immense pleasure to know she was the reason you broke up.' My head was spinning from his words and I had to hold onto the door frame to stop my legs from buckling.

I heard Karlie sniffle. 'I can't tell her that I spent the night with her ex Mikey, and Taylor never talks to Diana because she knows I don't like her so I doubt she would have a chance to tell her.'

Karlie and Diana… What the actual fuck. My girlfriend and my ex. I was going to throw up. Karlie had fucked Diana and she had no intentions of telling me. I felt my stomach lurch as unwanted images of Diana's hands on my Karlie forced themselves into my head. I really was going to be sick.

I bolted from the kitchen door, not stopping until I was heaving over the toilet in my ensuite. The thought of them together disgusted me so much and the jealousy I felt was beyond anything I had ever experienced. I spent thirteen minutes throwing up the contents of my stomach before I stumbled into bed, nothing even bothering to take off my clothes, and sobbing too hard to even care.