Sᴡᴇᴇᴛ Nᴏᴛʜɪɴɢ

Comenzar desde el principio

"Oh you are just like your father, which I wouldn't say is a  good thing but it also isn't particularly bad," Medusa said flattening her dress to sit down.

"What is that supposed to mean?"Clarisse said, crossing her arms.

"You know sweetie, I don't like bullies. When one shows up on my doorstep, they end up spending a lot more time there than they planned for. The gift the gods gave me is that I cannot be bullied anymore," Medusa said, smiling.

Annabeth spoke up, cutting off Clarisse before she could respond, "What my mother did to you wasn't a gift, it was a curse,".

Medusa sighed lightly shaking her head, "You are loyal to your mother,".

Annabeth shook her head, an annoyed look on her face, "Yes,".

"You stand by her?"

"Always,"

"You love her?"

Annabeth took a breath before answering, "Of course I do!".

Medusa sighed again, "And so did I, So did I," she took a breath, "Do you know the story of how I came to be this way?".

Grover perked up, his mouth full of food, "I do!"

Medusa tilted her head at him, "Do you?".

He put his head down a little, "Do I?".

Medusa smirked, "Athena was everything to me. I worshipped her, I prayed to her. I made offerings... She never answered. Not even an omen to suggest she appreciated my love,".

She looked towards Annabeth, "I wasn't like you, sweetheart. I was you,".

Claire felt someone grab her hand, she looked down and saw Clarisse's hand, she was nervous, but who wasn't Medusa could take her hat off at any moment and they all would just be statues.

When Claire took her eyes off her girlfriend Medusa and Percy was gone, she felt Annabeth tap her shoulder.

"Get ready to run," she said looking at the two, worry laced in her eyes.

_______________________________

"She's not usually like that. I mean, a little bit, she is, but that was a lot. And Clarisse is like that by default," Percy said, playing with his fingers to ease his nerves

Medusa stirred whatever she was cooking, "They are going to betray you, especially that blond one,".

Percy shook his head, confused, "What, no Claire would never do that. Nither would the rest of them,".

Medusa chuckled, "You're foolish, we have all seen her prophecy, we all know what she will become, you will be an easy mark for them when the time comes,".

Percy perked up," What? What prophecy, what are you talking about,".

Medusa shook her head, "Your mother and I, we're like sisters in a way. Targeted by the same monster. So I find myself feeling protective of you," she said changing the subject.

Percy's eyes widened at the word monster, "A monster? My mom never talked about my dad that way,".

Medusa looked back slightly, "Where is she now, your mother? Is she safe?".

Percy shook his head, "No. She's not.".

"And do you trust your friends to help you to make her safe? Will they let you make her safe if it conflicts with their quest?".

Percy narrowed his eyes at her statement, quietly backing up and walking back out to the rest of the group.

"Guys," everyone looked at him, "We have to hide, now,".