To You, The Worthless Excuse

''According to the daily weather forecast we are now about to share, the first snow of the winter season has started falling— as of this hour. Weather experts predict that the snowfall will continue intermittently until the new year, so it's heavily advisable to make sure you have an umbrella with you, just to be on the safe side.''

''Tokyo TV wishes you a good day.''

- - -

 | 𝟓 𝐘𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐬 𝐏𝐫𝐢𝐨𝐫. . . |  —

The Hosoki company is a powerful company that had been in existence since the Meiji period. A investment device that the Japanese state has been standing behind for more than two hundred years. It owes its long-standing singularity and success to the sacred intelligence of the heads of the family.

In order for this agreement with the Japanese state to be eternal, each head of the family in the next generation begins a lifelong education when the candidate reaches the appropriate age. Thus, when the current head of the family, and also the company, goes to eternal sleep and dies, someone with the same experience can take over everything.

This cycle has been operating flawlessly for two centuries.

The present leader of the family is a woman widely regarded as surpassing all her predecessors in excellence: Jeanne Évangéline Hosoki.

Upon taking control of the inheritance, Lady Jeanne witnessed a remarkable surge in the company's growth within a mere span of a few years—a level of expansion unparalleled in the last century.

The company expanded to 98 percent of Japan and began to invest in areas that it had never yielded before under the leadership of the lady of the family. Health, food, hotel, tourism, entertainment and even beyond. She has written herself into history as the most intelligent and effective leader who has existed since the establishment.

As the custodian of family continuity and the primary responsibility bearer, the head of the family is also entrusted with the essential duty of raising children who will eventually step into his/her role. 

By birthright, the eldest child always chosen as the heir.

Nevertheless, it is crucial to acknowledge that the chosen heir retains the prerogative to relinquish this designated right, opting to decline the appointed position. In such cases, the succession right cascades down the line to the second child, and so forth.

The destiny of Lady Jeanne's eldest child was predetermined from the very moment of the birth. 

———On that times at the Hosoki Mansion;

''该死的! Who the hell keeps eating my cookies...''

The sun rose early that morning. As it was still in the quiet dawn, the mansion stood empty, except for the maids and butlers who were always on standby for any sudden request by their masters.

One of the Hosoki siblings could not resist the sudden urge of morning hunger and woke up before everyone else and made her way to the grand kitchen.

''Would you like me to prepare something, my lady? Your early presence has taken me by surprise, and I honestly find myself eager to assist in making your morning most delightful.'' Another voice answered, who were already in the kitchen even way before the dawn.