Akbar's Trick

After the wedding was over the vidai ritual was held and Akbar wished to take Maan Singh ( Jodha's nephew) with him and claimed to write his name in the history as a great warrior which he agreed and went with them but not to be the great warrior but to protect his Jodha aunt. Jodha brother, Bhagwan Das also accompanied them.

All were in tears during the vidai and no one was ready to leave Jodha but they had to as now that she is married.

The night had fallen and Akbar and his people had camped near Banjara. The people wanted to enjoy the auspicious day of the emperor wedding with celebration where Akbar demanded that Jodha will sing for him without asking her opinion about that he just commanded.

Mewar's internal political situation were quite strange. King Uday Singh wasn't able to declare his eldest son prince Pratap as his heir, who were in plan to attack Amer. King Pratap lived outside Chittor in the mountains and in Kumbhalgarh. Yet, he was setting an example of patriotism against the Mughals.

All the Mughals were restless to listen Jodha's song so Akbar ordered Maham Anga to go to Jodha's chamber and tell her to come out and sing but after a long time Maham Anga was not back so they were becoming impatient and Akbar believed that the longer the wait, the more exciting the reward will be.

Maham Anga returned after a while and said that Queen Jodha has denied to come and sing and she is in her own camp which she demanded that she should have her alone camp in the first night of their marriage.

Akbar was furious and went to her camp without giving any alert or alarm and he found that Jodha was resting peacefully in her camp looking serene in her sleep but as Jodha was a princess now she is a Queen she needs to be alert also in her sleep so when she saw someone entering her camp she attacked his hand by a knife which she kept with her for her own security, the hand which was approaching her thinking that it was attacking her but when she turned around she saw that he was none other than Akbar, her husband.

When Jodha attacked him, he knew that Jodha didn't come by her own wish and he is not used to take a refusal for his commands so Jodha attacked him in her bed half lying in the bed and Akbar was so mad that he suppressed her and was lying in top of her holding her both hands in his hands and questions her with his fury eyes and not giving her space to breathe and to move so there was no chance to get up and leave the camp.

Akbar questioned her in anger, I had called you at the court to hear you sing but you didn't come, don't you know that I am your husband? You should've come there at my call. Why are you quiet? You had taken some vows before the holy fire. You had vowed to obey your husband. You had vowed to fulfill your wife duties, you have already failed to fulfill your vows.

Jodha replied very calmly and composedly, I remember my vows, I also remember that you are my husband now. After listening this there was a little smirk on Akbar's face. But probably you have forgotten that I am here as your wife and no religion allows you to treat your wife as a maid or to force her to do something. My wedding vows doesn't allow you to call me into your court. A husband should give more importance to his wife's honour than his rights on her. Akbar was satisfied with the fact that when he saw Jodha for the first he thought she will not be any ordinary princess and after this all he knew that he was right on her and smirked at Jodha leaving her in a confusion.

Akbar went to Jodha to complaint but Jodha proved him to be guilty and then he left Jodha giving her space to breathe.

Jodha was praying to his idol Lord Krishna which she was carrying it from Amer and was singing the prayer where Akbar was attracted by her voice and entered her camp where she denied him to come with his footwear which he was offended as he was an emperor but after knowing that it was an holy place he did as Jodha said and he sat beside Jodha listening to Jodha's mesmerizing voice and he was all the way lost in her voice.

Maham Anga, Sharifuddin, Akbar and Jodha were eating while Akbar could not eat properly because of the injury which Jodha had made on his hand while attacking him. Jodha was feeling guilty for her act that because of her he couldn't eat properly so she helped and made him eat with her own hands and after the meal a soldier showed Akbar a new sword which Akbar used by his injured hand without any difficulty then a maid said that the emperor wanted to eat by her hands so that he tricked her.