Chapter 7 - The Supplier

Start from the beginning

Her eyes widened. 'I'm already his assistant in his own clinic! Why do I have to do the same here for him?'

Surgeon Sin just grinned. In Kaelee's peripheral vision, two of the nurses elbowed each other and giggled. She could not tell if they were feeling giddy or if some sort of mockery for her was running through their minds.

'Oh, come on! What's so funny...' she stole a glance at the doctor's face, '...with him?'

He was grinning at her. She figured that he looked worse than Pennywise. Or the mad police officer in Desperation. Anyone who would see his creepy grin, and his snake eyes, in addition, would run out of the hospital. Probably, the staff and nurses here just got used to Dr. Alfred, and that was why they were still working here.

At the same time, she was also baffled. A few days ago, the nurses were just calling Surgeon Sin a psycho, so why did they seem too friendly with him today?

Eventually, Kaelee found herself walking after the surgeon. Both of them were heading to the operating room.

"Today, we will be conducting a very simple operation called Incision and Drainage," the doctor informed her without even throwing a single glance at her.

Kaelee nodded. "It is really okay...for a trainee to be involved in this operation?"

"Yes," he finally glanced at her, "because I specifically requested so. One more thing, we will be accompanied by two OR nurses inside the operating room. One of them will assist me and the other one will co-exist while monitoring you as well because you can't have my whole attention all the time, Kaelee. That will be very unfair." His remark was followed by a mysterious smile followed.

Kaelee swallowed. She was a little nervous about the operation, but she consoled herself by keeping in mind that this would be very beneficial for her. Finally, she was assigned a task that really had something to do with being a nurse. For the first time, she would learn and experience how it feels to be inside the operating room-a real operating room with a real operation going on.

Her thoughts began to float. Kaelee mentally conditioned herself because she didn't want to faint again at the sight of blood or organs inside the OR. She didn't want to fail in this training, so she took a few deep breaths while giving herself a mental pep talk.

'You can do this, Kaelee.'

'Don't get dizzy.'

'Don't faint.'

She gasped when Surgeon Sin placed an arm around her shoulders. He did that simply because he had to reach for her shoulder and tilt her to the left hallway. He redirected her when she was about to take the wrong way.

"The operating room is this way, Kaelee," he told her seriously once he was done guiding her.

She anxiously lifted her eyes to the doctor beside her. He looked so emotionless as his eyes watched where he was going. He was also tightlipped, making it harder for her to read what he must be thinking.

Most probably he was too confident to ever feel nervous. Just like what he said, incision and drainage were simple for him.

Add to that her awareness about his secret, making her feel so sure that he wouldn't get so easily upset when dealing with an operation on a human. He never feared chopped-up humans, what more if he was going to perform surgery on them?

They were welcomed by a beautiful nurse in a scrub suit by the OR door. She wore a mask, too, and handed Surgeon Sin his own booties, cap, and mask.

"She's Kaelee," Surgeon Sin informed her. "Give her the same stuff too, so that we can both get dressed already."

Once Kaelee got her equipment, she entered the OR. There was a changing room in it and the surgeon told her to go first. When it was Surgeon Sin's turn, Kaelee entered the very room where the patient would be operated. Two nurses were already there, preparing the apparatuses and the instruments on the metal table while the other was laying down a bed sheet for the patient to lie on.

The nurses moved swiftly with ease, indicating that they had mastered their job somehow. One of them moved from the table to the operating lights to readjust its positioning by lowering it a bit.

Kaelee shoved in a deep breath.

'This is it, Kaelee.'

icon lock

Show your support for anamariess, and continue reading this story

by anamariess
@ANAtheCowgirl
Kaelee Montano, a nursing student, secures a position as an assistant...
Unlock a new story part or the entire story. Either way, your Coins help writers earn money for the stories you love.

This story has 52 remaining parts

See how Coins support your favorite writers like @ANAtheCowgirl.