Chapter 7 - The Supplier

Start from the beginning

She asked that because if everything that had to do with Surgeon Sin was just a dream, then why couldn't she remember why she was sleeping in her grandmother's bedroom? Why was sleeping beside her?

"Doc said, you fainted in the clinic," she stated, concerned.

Her lips dropped open. Lethargy swept all over her body next, upon the realization that everything wasn't a dream, after all.

Everything was real.

Surgeon Sin was real.

Her grandmother resumed talking. "He brought you here and said that you'll be alright soon. Aside from fainting, you completely fell into a deep sleep. So, he was apologizing for making you work for him despite feeling unwell. Sometimes, doctors make the wrong first diagnosis, he said. That's what follow-up checkups are for."

Kaelee slapped her forehead. 'And what is he trying to say with a follow-up checkup? That I should come back to his clinic for a follow-up checkup?'

Her stomach felt funny again upon recalling that she saw so much blood in that clinic...the sticky blood that stained her hands while washing that severed leg. That fishy smell attempted to squeeze out vomit from her gut every time she inhaled.

Kaelee carefully laid down on the bed and closed her eyes because her throat was drying up again and a wave of nausea was consuming her once more.

This was the worst source of her struggle, her sensitivity. No wonder she was performing poorly when it came to dissecting activities in school. She was a nursing student but she reacted so violently upon seeing blood or internal organs. It was really challenging when a person only took a college course just because the majority of their schoolmates were taking it, or because graduates from that course were in demand, hence more opportunities for employment and better salary. It was hard to take a course for the sake of someone else and not for one's own happiness.

She always thought it would be worth it to be a nurse someday. It was an honorable job, after all. Plus it could help her take care of her grandmother better. But if her mind and system could not keep up with being a nurse, how was she going to deal with it?

"L-Lola..." she groaned in pain-mentally, physically and emotionally, all combined.

She felt Lola Helene's arms around her-warm and comforting. "If you want, you can give San Rafael Hospital a call to excuse you from your shift tomorrow. Tell them that you're not feeling well, my child."

"I-I'm going to my training, 'La," she answered weakly while embracing her arm. "Let's go to sleep now."

"YOU'RE LATE," Surgeon Sin welcomed her as soon as Kaelee reported to the nurse station.

She almost retorted 'What are you doing here?' Thankfully, she remembered that he was a resident doctor at San Rafael Hospital and they were in front of several nurses there.

Kaelee was really bound to be late today because Ma'am Bella swapped the trainees' shifts. On this day, she, Jonathan, and the other trainee were assigned to the morning shift. And those trainees who used to be on the morning shift were scheduled to report in the afternoon.

Meera, the head nurse, did not spare any minute to brief her about her task today. "Today, you are assigned to assist Surgeon Sin."

icon lock

Show your support for anamariess, and continue reading this story

by anamariess
@ANAtheCowgirl
Kaelee Montano, a nursing student, secures a position as an assistant...
Unlock a new story part or the entire story. Either way, your Coins help writers earn money for the stories you love.

This story has 52 remaining parts

See how Coins support your favorite writers like @ANAtheCowgirl.