Chapter 3 - One of my Creations

Start from the beginning

Upon entering the gate, Surgeon Sin closed them. They heard a clicking sound from the gate's automatic lock system. Next, Kaelee stopped at the entrance of the building. There, she saw a three-step stair with a clear glass sliding door ahead. It looked like a hotel entrance that even had a jar of plants on either side of the door. She watched the doctor's straight and precise strides toward the automatic door that slid open for him. As soon as she recovered from her amazement, she followed the doctor inside.

Black, shiny tiles laid out all over the ground floor and covered the walls. They looked glossier because of the huge chandeliers hanging overhead, their brilliant lights reflecting as sparkles on the tiled floor. The space was clean due to the lack of furniture. There were two elevator doors on the right side of the room, and two more on the left side.

On the north side of the floor, there was another glass door. Unlike the transparent ones on the building's entrance, this door was black-tinted. She wouldn't even recognize that it was a door if the doctor did not walk straight toward it and walked through the moment the door automatically slid open.

Kaelee followed. Eventually, she let out a gasp when she finally saw his clinic.

It was a run-down building, or better to say, a building construction left unfinished. The three lower floors looked acceptable. Their hollow block walls were visible—unpainted and unplastered. While the fourth up to the highest floors were not fully walled. Rebars even stretched out from these floors, dancing a swing of two along with the wind. There were no windows as well, only a few square cutouts on the available walls.

The clinic had a huge door made of wood. It was secured by a padlocked chain.  Surgeon Sin pulled out a key from his slacks' pocket and unlocked the padlock. Next, he pulled off the chains that wrapped around the handles of the two-door and carried them with him.

"Come," he glanced at her.

The unusual odor made her flinch as they walked in. "Ugh! What's that?"

Surgeon Sin rolled his eyes. "You want to be a nurse, right? You watch cannibal movies and boast that you can handle gory sights."

'I just lied about the cannibal movies!' Kaelee covered her nose and mouth with one hand as she scanned the place with her eyes.

It was dark inside the clinic but Surgeon Sin's steps were filled with precision. She followed him as he made a quick turn to the right and walked into a hallway that lined the whole wall with a shelf of organs. He placed the padlock and chains on a hook beside the shelf, then scrambled by the shelf in front of him with transparent glass doors and bright white backlights so that the jar of organs in each shelf could be clearly seen. Kaelee saw him place something on the narrow across the shelf before he pushed a button that opened a fluorescent light that hovered on top of the table.

"This is your clinic?" Kaelee could not help questioning the doctor. "There are tons of sanitary violations in this place! It stinks, the walls are dirty—"

She stopped her litany and gasped at what she saw a lot of jars of human organs!

She took a step back and gave him a horrified stare. "What kind of place is this!?"

The flickering light shone on Surgeon Sin's sinister smile.

"My clinic," he replied. "And this is no ordinary clinic, Kaelee."

Without any second thoughts, Kaelee made a run for it. She quickly searched for the wooden door, her only way out of this creepy place. She needed to get away from this place. The graffiti and the snobby nurses were right!

'Surgeon Sin is a psycho!'

But she clashed against a person.

Or a creature.

The darkness of the room only made her imagination run wild. Kaelee thought she just saw a strangely-shaped silhouette; a creature with its hard hairs that stood on a high pointy spike and a face full of pointy triangular spikes. Her knees melted and wobbled as she spun around to step back from the creature. At that exact moment, Surgeon Sin caught her weakening body in his arms as his eyes rested on the creature that stood in front of them.

"W-What's that?!" she asked, hugging the doctor shakily and forgetting for a second that she believed he was a psycho. All that her mind could focus on was the creature in front of her. It felt like the end of her world for she will be devoured by it.

'I don't want to die yet!' she thought, teary-eyed while waiting for the monster's next move.

The doctor finally answered her question with a small smile. "One of my creations."