Promised

"Bun~ny~" the man called.

'CC please I need you now' Katie prayed as she closed her eyes.

"Woah Katie, you made a new friend?" CC said as she sipped the juice with the straw that she bought from the vending machine.

Suddenly two nurses came running towards them and hold the man "sorry if he disturbed you. He's not supposed to be in this wing. We're very sorry!" One of the nurses apologised as he calm the man down with tranquilliser.

They slowly put the man in the wheelchair and bring them away from the girls.

"Well I was about to get to know him..too bad I guess" CC said as she finished her juice.

Two arms wrapped around her. CC look down at the girl hugging her "I'm glad you came back" Katie said.

CC patted her back slowly "yeah...luckily I bumped onto them when I was kicking the vending machine" she said.

"Why?" Katie asked as she let go.

"They were looking for him. At first I didn't know when they asked me about him but then I saw that guy with you. I yelled them for help" CC explained.

Katie smiles "I didn't asked about them, i was asking about why you kicking the vending machine" she corrected.

"Oh! That..um that stupid machine eat my last two dollars. And for that I kicked it hard and give me my 2 dollars worth back with another free drink. Here, at least stay hydrate if you don't want to eat anything " CC said as she hands out a carton of milk.

"Are you teasing me?" Katie said as she took it and gives annoyed look.

CC laughed "hey don't be mad at me. The machine gives me that."

Suddenly the operation room door opened, the same doctor earlier looked like he's searching for them. Katie gets up and go to him "is my parents okay?" She asked.

"Where are the adults that came with you earlier?" He asked as he took off his mask and cap.

"They're at cafeteria. I'll call them for you" Katie said as she turned toll look at CC.

The Ace understood and call up her parents.

Few moments later, Bill ,Jess and the other kids came as quickly as they can.

"What's the matter doc, are they alright?" Bill asked.

The doctor took a deep breath and slowly exhaled as he looked at the seriously "we've tried everything we could...I, on behalf of my team, we're very sorry." The doctor said.

"No! You're lying! My parents aren't dead! We give you blood right??!" Katie yelled as she cries.

"Katie..." CC tried to calm her down.

"I'm very sorry. We've done all the best we could. Sorry again" the doctor said as he walked away.

Nando hugged his sister as he started to cry too "shut up Katie...you're making a scene" he said as he calm his sister.

Ellie pulled Wyatt's hand. The boy squatted down and look at her "what's wrong Ellie?" He asked.

"Why Nando and Katie crying?" She asked. 

Wyatt look at her mother and the woman look away as she buried her face at the husband.

He thinks of something that he could use to explain to the girl then he got it "Have you watched Coco before?" He asked.

Ellie nodded "yes! Dad always shows me that because I love the songs in it" she said.

"Good good. So do you understand what happens to Mamá Coco in the end?" He asked again.

"Of course i understand" she said as she smile "she reunited again with her papa and mama" she said.

"Yeah..." he said.

Slowly the little girl started to connect the lines in her head "mom and dad ...is gone..?" She asked.

Wyatt nodded as he started to cry.

Ellie started to cry out loud as she drop her teddy down. Nando and Katie get down on their knees to the floor then hug their little sister.

Suddenly the staff carries out their parents out of the room. The Torres kids stopped the staff "let us see our parents" Katie said.

"They're need to be in the morgue room first, then only you can see them" the staff said as he and his team pushed the deceased away.

"Give back my parents!!!" She yelled.

Allison grabbed her niece from the back as she calm her down "please Katie...you'll make your parents sad seeing you like this." She said.

"I can't believe they're gone...we just apart not that long this evening...this is all my fault..." Katie said as she cries.

CC came closer and look at her mum saying "I'll take from here"

She hold onto Katie's hand and pulled her into a hug the girl "hey..calm down...I'm here for you...if you wanna cry, okay go on wet my shirt off with your tears but never blame yourself over something that you yourself didn't even do" CC said sternly.

Katie sobs softly as she started to calm down as she hugged back.

Allison sighed in relief as she look at her husband "we should head home first...tomorrow we'll settle the funeral for Carlos and Allison".

Bill nodded "let's go kids...we'll come back tomorrow okay?" He said to Ellie.

The little girl nod as she still crying but she understands that tears couldn't bring her parents back.

She hold onto Nando as she walked with him side by side.

The others walked first, leaving those two girls behind. CC watched them go as she still comforting the smaller girl.

"They'll leave us if we didn't catch up" CC teased as she trying to lift up the mood for the girl.

Katie let her go slowly as she look down.

"Let's go" CC said as she walk but stopped with Katie holding onto her hand. She look at it then towards the girl.

"Please don't leave me too" she said as she look at the Ace.

CC smiled warmly "I'm not. I promised" she said.