Chapter 3

Hot shot was going to start treatment today. Hot shot was kind of nervous but he was ready for it. Right now a couple of nurses were in Hot shot's room. They were keeping him very busy. They were checking all of his vitals. They were making sure Hot shot was doing okay for his first day of treatment.

A nurse took some blood from his central line so they could test it. Then Hot shot was able to have his breakfast. Hot shot was hoping soon he would have his treatment.

Hot shot was wondering how long he was going to have treatment. Dr. Burnizi told him it would be several months of treatment to help make him better. Hot shot was ready for it too.

Hot shot was having his breakfast after the nurses left. Soon about an hour later a nurse came in with medicine. "This medicine will help with the side effects of your treatment Hot shot," the nurse told Hot shot.

"Okay," Hot shot said. Hot shot took the medicine without a fight. "Yuck," he said.

"I know it tastes bad but it will help you," the nurse told him.

"Okay," Hot shot said.

"You will do just fine," the nurse said.

"Okay," Hot shot said.

A couple of hours later the nurse came in with a couple of bags of medicine. It was the chemotherapy medicine. Hot shot was more than a little nervous about it. But he was ready to start the medicine to say the least.

Hot shot sat still as the nurse washed her hands and accessed the lines in his chest. Then the first medicine was in a syringe and she pushed into into the central line. The others were by pump from an IV machine which he got hooked up too. "There now you can do what you like." the nurse said after hooking the IV to central line.

"So I can do what I want with it dripping in?" Hot shot asked.

"Yes," the nurse said.

"I want to have a look around," Hot shot said.

"You can do that," the nurse said.

"Awesome," Hot shot said. "I wonder what there is to see and do in the hospital," he said.

"There are a lot of things to see and do," the nurse said. "There is a library, a playroom, a child life zone, the food court, a frozen yogurt shop, an indoor playground, an outdoor playground, a gift shop and a build a bear," she told him.

"Cool," Hot shot said. "I want to see the build a bear," he said.

"Sure we can do that," Quickshadow said.

Hot shot was helped into his wheelchair and the pump and IV were attached to it. Now they were ready to go.

They went right to the build a bear. Hot shot saw all the different toys that could be stuffed. Hot shot saw they even had the dragon out front. Hot shot grabbed one of the dragons. "Mummy can I have one?" Hot shot asked.

"Of course poppet," Quickshadow said.

"Thank you mummy," Hot shot said.

Hot shot had the dragon stuffed and it got a special shirt too. Hot shot was very happy. Hot shot started to explore other parts of the hospital. There was a lot to see.

Hot shot got to see other kids who were staying in the hospital. Hot shot even got to spend time with his new friends. Hot shot was also able to have lunch.

Then after about three and a half hours the pump bleeped when he was back in his room. "The medicine is empty," the nurse said and disconnected Hot shot from the pump. Then she closed the clamps on Hot shot's central line. "There you go now you may rest," she said.