Sunflower

As Ten opened the front door there was the little ding as usual, and he smiled as his mother looked up from behind the counter.

"Ten! You're back! How was school? Do you have much homework?" she asked as she placed a few flowers in a vase.

"Ah, it was the usual, not bad but not super fun. I actually already finished most of my homework, so I have plenty of free time."

His mother nodded, and he made his way towards the back.

"When you are done getting ready, could you go take over for your sister in the show room? We got a big order today, but she has her piano lesson soon."

"Of course, don't worry mom, I'll get it all done."

"Thank you dear."

Ten set down his bag, and quickly put on his apron before looking in the mirror on the wall. He frowned and fixed his hair, before walking to the room across from where he was. As soon as he entered, he was attacked by his sister with a huge hug.

"Oh my gosh, someone's excited to see me." he laughed as he hugged her back.

"Yeah, because it means I get to leave."

"Hey!"

Before he could do anything, she ran out the door. A few seconds later she popped her head back in.

"Oh yeah, everything you need is on the table, just copy the done ones, you only have to make 8 more I think. Anyways, bye!"

With that she left for real. Ten sighed and smiled lightly at his sisters silly actions, before sitting down at the table and grabbing a vase. There was a mix of purple and pink flowers, and multiple different ribbons. Although he loved helping out at the shop, his least favorite part was putting together vase orders. Bouquets, he loved, they were so simple and looked beautiful when done. But vases took time, and they had to be exactly perfect or he would have to restart the entire thing.

He had been working for about 2 hours and had only finished half of what was left when he heard a knock on the doorframe. He looked over to see his mother standing there.

"You doing alright?"

"Yeah, I'm about halfway done with what was left. Why?"

"I just know you don't like putting together these kind of orders. Anyways, I have to go make a delivery quickly, so I was hoping you could watch the front for me well I'm gone."

Ten smiled well getting up and walking over to his mom.

"Of course. It gives me a little break."

She smiled back at him, and then they walked over to the counter, his mother walking to the other side to grab a box.

"I shouldn't be gone too long, I just have to run over to Mrs. Lee's again, it all just depends on how much she has to tell me."

They both laughed, as Mrs. Lee was known to order flowers from them often. She always felt the need to tell them updates on whatever was going on in her life, whether is was boring or something she must have made up because it sounded unbelievable.

He watched his mother leave, and then looked around. There was currently no new orders, except for the one he was already working on, so he decided to grab some of his favorite flowers from around the shop, and his favorite blue ribbon. There was only a few people inside currently, so he made himself busy by making a little bouquet just for himself behind the counter.

He was almost finished, when he felt a tall figure hovering over him from the other side of the counter. He tied together the flowers he was currently working with, in hopes to keep together what he was doing. When he finally looked up, he realized the person who was watching him was much taller than he had expected, leaving him feeling very small.