Prologue

Word Count-1468

Loud sounds of a whip hitting skin filled the room. Aaron stood strong, not showing weakness. But he knew that he shouldn’t, strength only brought more pain. He lifted his head slightly and looked at the masked face of the executor. Most kids would cry for their mothers in this situation, but Aaron had trained himself to not think of the monster that allegedly gave birth to him. She made it quite obvious that he was nothing more than a thorn in her existence as she was to him.

"Sorry, about this kid." The executor murmured, not wanting to take the life of a child.

Just end me. I don't want to live anymore. Aaron thought sadly. He learned to except his death since the first slap he received from the she-devil.

The executor raised his battle axe when the outer wall of the small village was broken through. A horde of werewolves crashed in and invaded the area. The intruding wolves attacked everyone in their sights, causing a battle to break out. Aaron watched as the executioner went to help fight, leaving him unguarded. He struggled to break free of the bonds but his malnourished body failed him miserably. His eyes closed in acceptance.

I guess Jedidiah was right, there's no way out of fate.

His eyes snapped open not even six seconds later when he heard something snap the ropes. He looks over at an adult male in ripped clothing hacking at the thick bonds with a machete. He was stained in blood and had a large cut on his chest that was still leaking blood.

The man broke the chains and got under Aaron, causing Aaron to collapse on the man's back. The man grabbed Arron's arms and wrapped them around his neck. Aaron's body shook with fear. He was terrified of anything that breathed. With the way his short life has went, it was no surprise.

Monsters are going to eat me. First humans try to kill me now monsters trying to eat me? Why does no one like me? Aaron thought as tears rolled down his face.

"Are you too weak to hold on?" The man asked when Aaron never tightened his grip. The man's head turned around to face Aaron, revealing warm green eyes and a bloody lip. Arron nodded weakly.

Before the man could respond a member of the cult who sent Aaron to death came running towards them with a sword, swinging it unintelligibly. The man held on to Aaron's hands and jumped high in the air, above the attacker's head.

The man landed down perfectly on his feet. He placed Aaron down on the ground and charged at the swordsman. The man pinned the swordsman to the ground before ripping the swordsman's head off with his bare teeth. The man ran back to Aaron and picked him up.

"You okay little one?" The man asked.

Aaron shook his head weakly, his fear of the man increased greatly.

"I can heal you, but you have to trust me, okay?" The man said.

"Okay." Aaron whimpered.

Just make the pain stop.

The man held Aaron close to his chest before taking off. In less than ten seconds they stopped in the middle of the forest that Aaron had heard was about twenty miles away from the village they were just in. The man sat Aaron on the ground.

"What's your name?" The man asked as he started binding Aaron's wounds with the remains of his ripped shirt.

"Aaron."

"I'm Harold." The man introduced. "How old are you Arron?"

"Five." Aaron held up his five little fingers.