Chapter II: Sweet Home

Start from the beginning

"That was rude, I wanted to say thank you too?" She said saddened.

"You're lucky he was nice to make something even though his truck was closed today." As I walked to the counter taking stuff out of the bag.

"I still could have said a thank you." She said under her breath, I paid no mind. I got a fork and plate with General Tso on it. 

"Let's just eat please." I said handing her the plate of food.  

"Ok, thank you." She grabbed the plate with both hands looking around seeming lost.

"Oh yeah, the dining rooms on the right then you'll see it's in the living room" As I grab my plate and when she left, I took a beer from the fridge. but to my displeasure and surprise.

"You better not be opening a beer, Ray!" she yelled from the other room, I scoffed then drained the beer in the sink and toss it in the trash. 

        Afterwards I was sitting on the couch in the living room. Spacing out, while Lucia cleans the dishes, feels weird being here still. I look down at my legs and arms surprised, I lived from a f*cking explosion. I take my shirt off checking my upper quadrant of the stomach. It hurt but not as much as my head, I really don't know who that man was I started thinking about, but he didn't finish me off either, he must've thought the grenade would've done the job. I grab my holster taking out the gun and then start taking it apart, to my unawareness, Lucia was looking through the kitchen. 

        She came over sat on the couch next to me, looks like she wanted to talk. I didn't, I continued taking gun and dismantling it, the gun screws and all. Lucia for any unknown reason rubbed my back, I didn't really mind but felt a little awkward.

"I saw you in pain for a second, thought you were feeling sick is all, are you okay?" she softly asks me. still rubbing my back. 

"Yeah... Thanks, just tired... Say did you pack anything, like clothes and that stuff?" I asked as I put the gun together.

She looked at me but hesitantly answered me, "No, I was going to grab all that stuff while I was here to save the trouble, why?" I stopped putting the gun back together and grabbed my cane.

"Come with me" I gotten up, same did she and I limp to the back of the house.

        I looked at a door hesitantly opening it but as it creaks open, I just quickly walk to the dresser inside the room looking distinctly away of the bed and open the slot of the dresser grabbing a thing of clothes, shirt and pajama pants and pass them to her saying.

"The bra and underwear are on you, but the showers behind you and huh... this'll be your room." I said briefly and limped fast pass her and back into the living room leaving her holding the clothes with me hearing a soft little "Thank you."  

        Thirty minutes pass ad I grabbed a case under the couch placing it on to the coffee table pop up the pins opening it completely seeing it was a custom case to hold and suppressed baretta and little above it is a another suppressed M4A1 with hybrid red dot optic with cases of dragon's breath bullets. 

        I heard a down behind me open I shut the case and threw it back under the couch, I saw Lucia in the long sleeve and pajama pants thinking she was way to pretty to be Zinc sister, but adoption would make me believe so. she sat on the couch.

"Thanks for the clothes, but-" I answer before she could ask.

"They were my mother's clothes."

"Oh, does she live with you?" I shook my head.

"This was her house... Then mine" 

"Where is she?" Lucia being clueless.

"Not in our existence anymore" Rose looked guilty for asking.