17. Time to be a Royal

Start from the beginning

**the next morning**

Charles wakes me up kissing. I mumble and cuddle more into his arms.

C: Good morning, princess.

I open my eyes a little bit to look up to him while smiling. He rubs over my cheek.

E: I want to stay here forever and never wanna leave.

C: I need to fly to Spain tonight.

E: Oh, I forgot about your races.

I get upset and lay my head on his chest. He raises my chin.

C: You could come with me from time to time.

E: I'm gonna talk with Dad and Simon about it. But let's take it slow for now. The media is talking a lot since August.

C: Sure, no pressure. All good for me.

E: I want to apologize that I never called you after that night again.

C: It's my fault. I promised you to never hurt you but I did. I'm sorry.

I sigh. It's not his fault. Non of this. I hesitate to tell
him the truth but he kinda knows already and I want to be honest with him. Always. I trust him.

E: It's just. It was the first time August tried to, he tried to sleep with me. I was afraid I won't be able to stop him at some point. I wanted my first time to be with someone I love.

C: Someone you love, huh?

He winks which makes me blush but he continues talking as he doesn't want to talk about this low.

C: I'm sorry I didn't notice it and wasn't there for you earlier.

E: But now you are here and he will be gone forever.

C: I'll never leave you again.

He kisses me gently and I roll on top of him. We start to make out, not able to keep our hands to yourself. But Charles was right I need to heal first before we take the next step. I stop kissing him and get up as I reach my hand out to him.

E: Ready to learn some royal rules?

He moans and throws his head back on the pillow which makes me laugh. After fooling around a bit we make ourself ready to get to my favorite place in the garden. After we had some sandwiches Charles gets up and practice to bow. It makes me giggle.

E: You're doing great.

C: When do I need to do it? Everytime a royal is in the room?

[author note: this are my royal rules not related to reality]

E: At least always infront of the king and queen, this for every monarchy in the world. And then every country has different royal protocols.

C: Wait, we're meeting other royals?

I laugh as I see Charles stressed glance. I go over to him taking his hands.

E: Sometimes, not quite often. But for us in Monaco. Always bow infront of my dad. No need to do it for the rest of the family as long as you're with me. Otherwise non-royal member has to bow or curtsy when they meet a royal family member like our staff.

C: Do I need to call him majesty all the time?

E: Yes, he's the king.

I laugh again seeing he gets even more stressed trying to remember all the rules.

E: Cha, you're doing good. Don't be nervous.

C: I want to be good enough for your world.

I go over to him and place my hand in his cheek while looking into his eyes.

E: You're perfect the way you are. Don't worry. You'll be loved by everyone.

He smiles and kisses me gently. We sit down in the grass and I tell him more about the royal world. But as the time passed I know I have to say goodbye. We get up and start walking to the exit.

E: I just got you back and need to let go again.

C: I'll come right back after the race.

He hugs me tight saying goodbye. Simon also came to say goodbye.

C: Thanks for having me, Simon and for everything you did for us.

S: Good luck for the race and guess I'll see you on Sunday.

He winks which make me smile. Charles gives me another kiss before he gets into the car. I already miss him.