15

*I unpublished and published, more added towards the end*

3rd Person POV.
*not edited*

*continuation*

"Nasir, I have school-"

"It got one of the best medical schools in California. I can get you in."

"I don't want to you to help me get in a school Nasir, and don't think my scholarship would let me."

"Ion got no problem payin."

"Neither do I, but it'll look better if I graduate on full ride scholarship through medical school to any hospital. Do you know how many good internships that can get me? Just like your life is in California, my life is in Georgia all my Friends, school, family. Then to top it all off I barely know you"

"Barely know me?" He repeated watching her like she was crazy

They spent damn near everyday together for 1 going on 2 months, Nasir knew she picked up on little things about him. He told her his whole life story. His only friend didn't know some of the shit he told her. Hell nobody knew some stuff he told her. He opened up to her about when he was in the military and the shit he had to witness when he was out the country. Nas understood where she was coming from but he felt like that was a low blow.

"You know shit bout me nobody know. You know bout Lijah. But you don't know me?" He said referring to his best friend who was in the military with him and unfortunately, he didn't make it back to the U.S while they were on deployment together.

One of the reason he didn't go back when his 4 year contract was up. It was hard for him to literally watch him die, he couldn't do anything but watch. It still fucked him up for a few years.

"Aight A'kira."

"Nasir you know that's now what I me-"

She tried not to roll her eyes when his phone started to ring again and tried even harder as she watched him pick it up.

"What?" A couple seconds went pass before he spoke again "Give me bout 20 minutes." He said and hung up the phone before he got a response, putting it back where it was.

He reached forward and gently moved A'kira off of him before standing up taking up his stuff from the dresser. She silently watched as he put on a white wife beater before he threw on a plain black shirts and a few pieces of jewelry leaving the rest on the table, he took his phone up and put it in his pocket before picking up his gun and tucking it.

He turned back to her and they just stared at each other for a minute. She watched waiting for him to silently walk away...but that didn't happen.

He let out a sigh before walking towards the bed sitting down reaching over to her. Pulling her back on his lap keeping his hands around her to keep her in place. Making sure she didn't fall, and because he knew she was stubborn enough to move from him.

"I'm not tryna argue with you mama, and I'm not tryna walk out the door with us not on the best terms. So imma see you when I finish up with them niggas, and don't be changin the security code."

She smiled at that, she told him when he drank her last cold water she would change the code if he made her mad. His face softened a bit seeing her smile.

Leaning down he placed what was supposed to be a quick kiss on her lips but her hand reached up holding his face. He pulled away before it lead in a whole other direction.

"I gotta go baby. Call me if you need anything, my card on your phone if hungry or want something. We gon finish up this talk when I come back. Okay?"

"Okay."