Chapter 21

Caleb

Emmy was currently being examined and Christian and I were waiting outside. Christian has already found a surrogacy agent and is waiting on us to contact back with Emmy results.

In the beginning I was against Emmy doing this because I didn't know how she would act or how her body would be able to handle this procedure, I didn't wanna lose her because of this.

Christian was of course getting impatient as we've been waiting for almost an hour and when the doctor finally came out we stood and rushed her.

"So currently Emersyn has few good eggs to give and they are healthy and are intact." She said Christian and I looked at each other smiling and relived.

"We can start the process right now and send it to the agency. I'll have my nurses get your specimen" she said about to leave but Christian stop her.

"Wait can you get two eggs for two different surrogates?" He asked and she nodded, I looked at him confused "What are you planning?" I asked him "We can both have kids with Emmy instead of just one of us. We can have two surrogates. I asked the agency already." He explained.

I hadn't thought about that but it seems like a good idea, soon the nurse gave us cups and we were to give our specimen and they would give the agency a call to start the process.

Few hours later Emmy was released from the hospital and cleared to return home. We took her home and she was silent most of the day and only speaking when spoken too. We were clearly concerned about her so we went to her room where she was resting.

We knocked on her door "come in!" She said and we entered and she smiled but it didn't reach her eyes. "Emmy are you okay? You been really quiet since the hospital" I asked and she didn't answer but tears fell from her eyes.

We both comfort her as best as we can "I just realized after the procedure that I will never get to see them grow up. My own children will never know me.." she says softly.

Christian shush her softly "That's not true, they will know you and they will meet you. You're strong you can do this." He encouraged her to not give up.

She nodded and wipes her tears "you're right I can't give up now, I wanna see them and be with them as long as I can." She sounded determined. We both looked at each other and smiled, she was ready for try again but for her kids this time.