We need to stop meeting like this Darling

3rd POVDuring that whole explanation thing, Emilia quietly left

3rd POV
During that whole explanation thing, Emilia quietly left. Only she didn't notice that someone else noticed her leaving and followed her.

Now, the Cruz girl is currently walking in the silent streets of New Orleans, gazing up the stars when she could.

While gazing up, she accidentally bumps into someone,

"I'm sorry- Kol,"

She looks to be met with those eyes that she remembers from the book store,

"We need to stop meeting like this Darling," he lets go of the grip he had on her arms that kept her steady,

"Yeah," he goes to stand next to her and they both resume walking together,

"I see that you're not the only one who didn't want to be in that room of commotion,"

"Yeah, I'm sorry. I just, wanted to get some fresh air and try to process everything."

"Hm, well I hope you don't mind me joining you. I'm right here if you have questions." Kol answers, happy to be with the girl he's loved since they were children,

"Back in the cabin with Dahlia, she said something about me being your love. What did she mean by that?"

She asks as their walking slows down a bit. Kol stops walking, making her stop as well as they both face each other,

"Sort of what she said," Kol sighs as he looks down into her eyes that were  looking back up at him.

He closes his eyes with a sigh, how I wish you remembered, he thinks. He sits down by a near by bench, her following his action,

" Way back then, before all of this supernatural, before my family and I were turned into vampires. We grew up together, you were our best friend.  And I eventually fell in love with you."

He declares as he faces her, her eyes only widen a bit yet she looks unfazed. Both of them staring into each other's eyes. One pair filled with curiosity and kindness while the other is filled with love and sadness.

"And eventually so did you. We were together, in love. But it all ended when Henrik, our youngest brother, died.
Our mother turned us into vampires. When we were leaving you wanted to come with us but I refused, scared that the witches would find you and kill you."

~~~~~~~Flashback~~~~~~~

"Kol? What's going on?"

Emilia approaches  Kol, seeing the rest of the Mikaelsons leaving.

"Emilia, I- I have to go. We're leaving. There are people that are after us and I must go. Now."

"Wait, who's after you?  Why? Where are we going?"

Emilia follows Kol as he walks off while rambling about witches and leaving,

"Kol! Stop, you're worrying me." Emilia exclaims, stopping in front of Kol,

"I must leave, without you. You can't come with us, with me. I'll come back for you, soon. I promise. I'll-"

"I already know what you're gonna do."

Emilia cuts him off, her eyes starting to fill up with tears,

"Please Kol, I beg you. Please don't do this." Emilia cries, tears covering her cheeks as she begs to the man she loves.

Kol's eyes well up in tears as he looks at his love in the eyes and tries to hold her face in his palms.

"Emilia please, don't make this harder than it has to be."

"Kol please, I can go with you. You guys can hide me, the witches will never know."

Kol just shakes his head at Emilia's idea,"I can't risk it, Emilia. WE can't risk it. I can't risk you."

His voice lowers as he securely yet gently holds her face in his palms, tears pouring out of her eyes as he stares into them.

"You will sleep, for however long until I know it's safe and I find you. In the time being, you will be in an eternal sleep. When you wake it will be as if we never departed, as if the last time you saw me was the day before."

Kol compels as tears start to streak down his cheeks. Within a blink, Emilia's eyes close as she's now in her eternal slumber.

She limply falls and Kol catches her. Holding her bridal style, Kol takes in at the girl's full features before speeding away.

~~~~~~~Flashback ends~~~~~~~

"When I didn't find you the first time, I freaked out. Thinking that something terrible happened to you. Ever since then, whenever I wasn't daggered, I traveled the globe in order to find you. And then I did. Remember when you first saw me, in that bookstore?"

Emilia nods, remembering how she bumped into him when the book fell from the shelf,

"Well, I actually first found you outside of the party. I had so many questions, but I was overjoyed to have finally found you, only to just find out that you couldn't remember."

A frown forms on his lips as he looks towards the ground. Emilia takes ahold of his hand in a comforting matter. Bringing his eyes from the ground to their hands, a faint smile on his lips.

"I'm sorry, for everything."