5

"Miranda!" I exclaimed before throwing my arms around the woman, relief washing over me despite the anger radiating off of her. "Thank Elara you're okay! Where have you been?! What was with that lightning?! Is everyone okay?!"

"...You're hot when you're worried," Miranda muttered as she locked the door, guiding me to the bed before sitting with me. "There's something you should know... There's someone in Alcina's castle who goes by Isa now. A prisoner at present, but I thought you should know in case you hear them mention an 'Isa' anytime soon."

"...You don't think-?"

"I don't know what I think. Truthfully, only you'd be able to tell if they're a reincarnation of your Isa."

"When can I meet them?"

"When they prove they won't use you as leverage to get away. Whatever sent them here wanted them to die on impact. Leaving will not only put them and us in danger, but they are also extremely dangerous, so keeping them here could harm us — harm you. I can't risk you getting near them until I know you won't get hurt."

I smiled and gently kissed Miranda's cheek. "Does that mean we have to leave? Or do I have to avoid the cellar?"

"Avoid the cellar — and asking about them."

"Do the girls know?"

"The girls didn't want me to tell you about them. Or the two companions with them."

"Huh?"

"A witch and a demi fox. The demi fox was sent with Heisenberg. He's powerful if he gets into your mind — into your dreams."

"Is that what took you so long? Finding out their powers?"

"Yes. That and getting them to the proper locations," Miranda sighed, guiding me into her lap as she buried her face in my neck. "This is going to delay my plans!"

"Calm down," I cooed, running my fingers through her hair. "You said you have a way to keep tabs on Mia, right? You'll know when she starts planning whatever you need her for, right?"

"Yes, but I'm still nervous," She murmured. "It's complicated."

"You can tell me," I whispered, guiding Miranda's head to my chest. "What are your experiments doing? What is the cadou? You always danced around what it was you were doing exactly and what the cadou is — how it changed the lords and yourself."

"A gift," She hissed and nuzzled into my chest. "One all of my children deserve."

"...They have it though."

"Not all of them," Miranda sighed, making me raise an eyebrow. "The pain of losing Isa? I know what it's like — that pain of losing a child..."

"You don't have to explain further," I murmured and tightened my grip on her. "...Then, wait.... How would that child-?"

"The cadou is special. It's... Complicated. I promise I'll explain more later. I know I've kept you in the dark about what I was planning to use it for, but that changes now that we're being open with each other."

"Am I going to be upset?"

"...Yes," She sighed. "You might even hate me for it."

'So many lives ruined, and she still doesn't have her daughter back... And maybe never will get her back,' I stared in shock at the woman as she finished explaining her plan and everything she had done. 'No wonder Karl hates us and is always a dick!'