3

Year: 19??

POV: Miranda

"Hi!" Daniela smiled at [Y/N], making her smile in return.

"Hi, little one," She giggled before crouching down. "You must be Daniela."

"Mhm!"

"I'm [Y/N]."

Daniela looked my way before smiling at [Y/N]. "Mother... Miranda... Talked about you!"

"That's right," [Y/N] smiled. "I help Miranda and live with her, so she told you about me so you'll know me when we meet."

"You pwetty!"

"Awe, thank you! Guess what?"

"What?"

[Y/N] leaned forward and whispered to Daniela, making the girl squeal and giggle. 'She's... So good with kids... I'll try tonight.'

"Daniela?! Oh, there you are," Alcina sighed in relief, Bela and Cassandra in her arms as she entered the main entrance.

"I'm pwetty!" Daniela giggled at her Mother as [Y/N] stood up. "[Y/N] say so!"

Alcina smiled warmly and set her oldest daughters down, kneeling in front of Daniela. "She's absolutely correct. You and your sisters are very pretty, but also, birthday girls. Ready to see everything? It's time and your aunt and uncles are waiting."

"Let's go!" Daniela gasped.

"Let's go!" Her sisters repeated and giggled, the three buzzing happily.

'It's always bittersweet seeing them.' My eyes drifted to [Y/N] when the same thought came from her. '...What does that mean? Did she know that second child personally?' We followed Alcina and her girls, my hand slipping into [Y/N]'s as the party began.

'That's her fifth glass,' I frowned as [Y/N] finished her fifth glass of wine. 'I should take her to our room now.' Alcina looked my way and looked concerned, a silent understanding between us while I helped [Y/N] out of the room. 'At least the girls didn't notice anything wrong.' I shushed the Elaran when she whined about feeling sick, promising that we were near the room.

I walked her to the bathroom and sat her on the floor, rubbing circles on her back. 'Her thoughts are muddled, but I can catch glimpses of Isa... Is she lying about what happened to them? Why?' I shook the thought away, offering the woman a smile when her head turned to face me.

"...You're so fucking hot," She blurted out, making my face heat up immediately. "It's not fair."

"I'm sorry?"

"Like... Why the hell are you so kissable?!"

'She thinks I'm kissable?'

Tears filled her eyes as she shifted to lean on me. "Miranda... Would you date me?"

"Ye-"

"I wouldn't."

"...Why not?"

"I get those I love killed or push them away," She sniffled. "I'm not strong enough to protect them."

"I don't need-"

"Everyone does!"

'...Maybe she is lying about what happened to Isa...'

Tears rolled down her cheeks, prompting me to wipe them away and hug her. "I want to date you... I want to so fucking bad... But I'm terrified that I'll fuck it up — all of it — and never be allowed to see you again... I can't take the risk. I can't date you."