Challenge

Dante- Rue's grandfather

Declan- Rue's father

Sylvia- Rue's mother

Mikhail- Kharsan's father

Diana- Kharsan's mother

Seir- Kharsan's brother

"So stupid!" Sylvia listened to the words that were uttered by a furious Dante and placed a cup of coffee with freshly baked cake in front of him.

"It's alright dad, it's just for some hours."

"For some hours? Just for some? What a naive daughter I have, do you believe the monster is only thinking for some hours? I bet that bastard has already planned far ahead."

"Sylvia you must be cautious."

"I am cautious dad, I am definitely paying complete attention."

She wasn't.

Wasn't paying attention to either her father or her husband who sat without a word and thinking deeply. She was glad that her daughter was so loved and cherished.

"You both are taking it too far, Mikhail just took Rue to play with his sons. Isn't that what both of you arranged? For her to be their playmate?" Declan looked at Dante and noddedas if to talk aside.

Today Declan had arrived at school, on Rue's very first day to bring her home but the teacher informed them that she had already gone home with her 'uncle'.

Declan was so raged that he had not spoken a word since he arrived home making Dante enquire and finally draw his own conclusions after doing some digging.

Unaware of all Rue rubbed her soft cheeks across Mikhail's while in the process playing with the balloon he got her, making the mafia devil who was describing dangerous stategies completely freeze. People gathered across the board waited for some moments for Mikhail Villar to continue but instead, there was a bizarre action done which made people widen their eyes and almost believe that they were having nightmares for this person under no circumstance was behaving as his normal self.

Heck was he even normal anytime?

Mikhail seemed to be astonished with the little soft silk-like child thus he once again placed his cheek against Rue and rubbed making the little baby giggle happily before again watchingthe toy animatedly, it glowed so prettily and even had a flower inside it.

"Pwetty"

So soft
Adorable.

At this moment Mikhail regretted his past decisions.

He must have never returned Rue back after kidnapping her.

He must have kept her with himself.

"S-SIR we are still in the meeting-" Mikhail did not reply and instead rummaged through his desk to take out an origami flower that Diana had given him once and he had kept securely.

He took out the paper flower and dangled it in front of the doe-eyed angel who followed the movement frantically, looking wherever the flower tilted. At last, it was handed over to her.

The mafia men gathered did not get up for some time watching a miracle unfold, their boss officially lost it.

"Little doll, who is your favorite person?"

Rue whose eyes were completely engrossed with the newly acquired flower scrunched her nose thinking hard.

"Dada is cool, mom is silly, Glanfathel-Glanba-Glamba is.....ave you okay uncle?

"Mikhail had covered his face with one of his palms and his ears were flushed red.

No, he wasn't fine.

She called Dante, that man who was a beast what? Glanba.Mikhail wanted to laugh so hard that he felt like crying.

"Uncle?" Rue crancked her neck and moved it comically here and there trying to see why was Mikhail covering his face only for the male to clutch the child's sides suddenly and crush her close to his chest.

"I really regret that you are not my daughter."

It was done

This boss was finally insane. The men wanted to just go out with this shameless display of stealing another person's child.

In fact Mikhail and Diana had tried to have more children in hopes of having a daughter but since it wasn't the wish of the god it did not work that way.

Rue with her small arms embraced Mikhail thinking that he wasn't fine and even patted his sides for her hands could not reach his back in hopes of making him feel better. It was at that moment the door of the meeting room opened and a head peeked inside.

"Dad, we want to play with Rue too."

Seir was in the process of requesting Mikhail with some hesitation when another little body surpassed his side and went to the place where Mikhail sat.

"Hey little Boo, do you want to see that kid Ashton planting your peas or not? He is still waiting for you."

There were chances that Rue would ignore Kharsan for all her attention was on embracing Mikhail but each of those chances were eliminated when he again called her Boo.

He was only nice to her when she was crying, if she wasn't crying then he was mean.

"I am not a Boo!"

"I am going Boo, you play with father."

There was a moment when the eyes of the son and father met, Mikhail's were colder than ice and Kharsan's were sparking with challenge.