I See the Shadows On My Face

Alright I'll mention a mask in this chapter, the mask in question is one I'll try to describe but if I can't get it then it's the picture up at top ()

——-

It's been 9 years since the incident everyone has deemed the "Windside Stabbing" and it seems everyone has made amends and moved on from that point in history. Even Odette has seemly moved on, her father gifted her millions of dollars as an apology for ripping their family apart and killing her mother which she finds a shitty ass apology gift. He couldn't even bother to say sorry while she was right there in front of him then again she was screaming her heart out about how much she hates him. To this day she still hates him, she can't look in mirrors anymore because of the nasty scary that envelops most of her face, all the way from the right top part of her forehead, down over her eye then it takes a left turn and cuts her lips open it stops at her chin but picks up again at her collarbone then it sends on her arm.
           Her lip is split open and where it is split it pulls up which shows her teeth and gums a bit. The worst part of the injury is the fact that her left eye was sliced open which left a bad gash in it and caused it to go blind. It's been turning a white color ever since the incident. While her left eye went completely blind her right eye did the exact opposite as it now is the only operating visual indicator. Her vision in her right eye is at an astonishing 20/10 which is beyond average and extremely rare. It could be a genetic thing as both her mother and her father had 20/15 vision which is also above average.

          It's almost like her body put all her vision into a single eye which got her to 20/10 vision. While her doctors try to comfort her with the fact that she may have lost an eye but this one eye is an equivalent of two. The comforting words don't stop her from cringing and quickly looking away from her reflection.

           Odette sighed as she stepped into her bathroom. The sheet over her mirror kept her from looking at herself and she was happy she was so smart to think about it. The first thing to come off was the mask, it was a full face mask with the upper part of the mask having a gold color with pattern designs. The lips of the mask were the same golden color and the eyes were covered with a black mesh so no one would be able to see her eyes behind the mask with the rest of her face. She'd receive it as a gift from her 5th grade class, it wasn't meant to be a hurtful reminder of how ugly she was it was meant as an easier way to make herself feel better.
       Back then she'd always use bandages to cover her face up but with the mask it was much easier to take off and on. It was a gift, although by her fifth grade class, it was from one of her teachers. Probably her art teacher. She remembers the kids giving it to her on her birthday that they celebrated in the class.

          She turned the temperature of her shower and stepped in, her body instantly relaxed which caused her to let out a long breath. She began by washing her hair, it was extremely short so she didn't need a lot of shampoo and conditioner to clean it. Her hair, when wet, only reached about mid neck however when it's dry it doesn't even touch her neck. It's a bit curly and usually sticks up in many different ways because of how short it is buts it's fine to her— makes it easier to manage. The background music playing on her phone shuffled through her playlist, she didn't like when she showered with no music. The shower was fast, she put the shampoo in, rinse, put conditioner in, wash her body, rinse conditioner, and get out.

            She got out and paused her music, her home was eerily silent but that's how it is. She lives alone and it's 12:47 at night the rain outside was the only sound she could hear as she dried herself off and changed into her pajamas. Just a pair of sweat pants and a dark purple tank top shielded her from the unusual coldness of her house so she grabbed a jacket with half a skull on each side of the zipper. She scurried out of her bathroom and into her bedroom so she could put on her black cat slippers and grab a jacket, the unusual cold house put her on edge. She grabbed her teddybear and hugged him tight to her chest, the teddybear was about 20 inches in height and 13 inches from arm to arm. Odette was a bit scared, she put on her mask and slowly tiptoed out of the comfort of her room.