Outcast

Honestly I'm not too good with summaries so I'm glad you even came to read! I promise I'll try my best and if you like this story then I'm willing to make an X reader story if you would all like :))

——

             Everyone knew who she was, she was the talk of the town any time she came out of her home. Maybe it started when...

To say the townspeople were surprised one night when the local police rushed to the seemingly normal home down on Windside street would be the biggest understatement of the year, century even. It was a stormy night, thunder and lighting almost every 5 seconds it seemed and the power was completely out. Everyone in the town tried to keep themselves busy by doing random activities but when the police rushed, full speed, down the street it caused every person to stop what they were doing and look out their windows.

Some even grabbed umbrellas to go outside to check out what was happening. They watched as the police kicked down the doors of the home and minutes later they watched as the men that protected this town drag out the man that lived at that house followed by another officer rushing out to call the ambulance. The blood soaked man that was pulled out of the home was a well known doctor in the down if not THE doctor of the town. He was drenched in blood and screaming profanities, he looked drunk or high maybe. The man looked crazy.
The ambulance arrived and the people watched in horror as the police officers rushed out the young child of the man, her face was covered in blood and looked horribly disfigured, she was clutching her teddybear. She'd been mutilated. What made it even worse was the body bag that came out after her, the little girl was scrambling out of the police officer grasp trying to get to the body bag. All the little girl could scream was mommy over and over again, everyone knew who was in that bag.

At the sight of the little girls face some people couldn't even keep it in their stomachs and threw up on the ground. Husbands shielded their wives from the horror and grotesque scene in front of them. The little girl had a huge gash going from the top left side of her face, it cut threw her eyebrow, her eye, down midway to her check to which it made a sharp turn threw her lips and down her chin. It continued on her collarbone and arm, going in the same direction. It seemed like the girl was trying to lean away from the attacked evident by the jaggedness of the wound, but the man just wouldn't take the knife out of her. The little girl was only 9 years old.

What happened that night can only be inferred by what onlookers saw. They saw a bloodied mentally unstable man covered in blood, a crying child with a knife wound, and a dead mother. The family of three seemed so nice usually from the outward onlookers. The father would leave for work, daughter for school, while the mother stayed home and did the cleaning and cooking. Everything seemed so nice but if it was than something like this wouldn't have happened.

The trial was speedy, the first and only witness called to stand was Odette, the little girl who'd been violently attacked by her father that night. The truth came out that day.

"Odette, my dear, you do not need to be up here right now. You do not need to answer any questions that are given because we have all the evidence we need to put this man away for a long time. Are you sure you want to be up here," asked the judge, the young black women looked over and down at the little girl. Her face was wrapped in bandages but allowed her to talk and didn't cover her non-injured eye. "Y-yes Ma'am I understand but I never want him to leave jail," Odette's voice cracked a bit, she was talking into a connected microphone which projected her voice through the courthouse. Everyone and anyone who could be there was there, the place was filled to the brim with lots of different people.
The judged nodded at the child's decision and gestured to the defendants lawyer. "I will deem if your questions are unanswerable by the girl or if they're just plain offensive. Go ahead," the Judge stated. The lawyer nodded and quickly stood and walked over to the little girl.

"Odette was it," asked the man, the girl nodded and squeaked out a small 'yes'. "Odette you say that this man right here, your father, your flesh and blood, killed your mother which was his wife. Then after he killed his wife, your mother, he then struck you with the knife," Odette agreed to what he said.

"I don't believe you," The little girls head shot up to stare at the man, everyone in the courthouse let out a small gasp. Not out of 'how can this be' but more like a 'are you dumb'. "Your father is a well respected doctor around here who has done nothing but help this community and now you're randomly accusing him of killing your mom? Are you sure a man didn't just break into your house and he looked like your father?" asked the lawyer.

"My daddy gets drunk any chance he gets. At home he's always complaining about how his clients are- can I cuss?" She glanced at the judge who just nods. "He says his clients are unhealthy fat fucks who are lazy and need to get off their lazy asses then he gets drunk and beats me and mommy...but on-on-on..," she gave herself some room to breathe. "On that day mommy had gotten sick and couldn't move so that day I stayed home from school and made her some soup. I took care of mommy that day but when daddy came home he seemed madder than usual,". No one in this sanctuary dared comment on her English.
"He broke the doors in the home and he dragged mommy out of bed by her hair, I begged daddy to stop because mommy was sick but the first thing I smelled when I was close to him was the smell of of beer. He hit me away and threw mommy on the floor, he grabbed the kitchen knife and-and he-he-," Odette bursted into tears which quickly turned into horrible pained screams of agony. "HE KILLED MY MOMMY IN FRONT OF ME! I BEGGED HIM TO STOP HURTING MOMMY AND HE JUST LAUGHED AND KNIFED ME! I CALLED THE 911," Odette screamed. She looked at her father as she screamed and cried, she was only 9. She was only nine years old and she had to watch her drunk father kill her mom. Everyone in the courtroom was shocked, this man had killed his wife in front of their child!?

"I HATE YOU! I HATE YOU! I HATE YOU! DADDY I HATE YOU," Odettes hands tightened on her teddybear that'd she'd brought along. The girls case worker looked at the judge and grabbed the girl gently, slowly walking her off the stand. "WHY DID YOU TAKE MY MOMMY," she yelled one last time before she was completely out of the room.

The entire room was silent. Pen dropping silent. You can almost hear the flapping of a butterfly's wing. The judge looked at the defendant. "Any last words," the man just shook his head, he didn't bother to look up after making eye contact with his daughter. Her face all bandaged up made his eyes swell with tears, she'd never forgive him but he didn't want her to forgive him. What he did was unforgivable, he killed his loving wife who was sick and made his little girl watch. He always felt guilty when he came home drunk screaming and breaking things so the next day he'd apologize and fix them but he supposes after so many apologies they all seem fake.

"Given the situation and while I want to give you life in prison WITHOUT the chance of parole, I can't. You will be serving 25 years sadly with the ability of parole but only after serving at least 12 years. All your money will be frozen and you cannot use it for bail now again, before I adjourn this meeting, do you have any last words," the judge asked once again. The man stood and nodded.

"I want to give all my assets to my daughter. Every dollar- no- every penny I own please give it to her which includes any inheritance I have from deceased family or may get from them as well. Give all my money to my daughter it's the least I could do," The man said, the judges gave a sarcastic laugh.

"The least you could've done is not kill your wife, this meeting is adjourned," The gabble met the wood and the case was officially closed and this man would need to find Jesus in prison if he wants to ever get out before his 25 years.

——

This was a little backstory to her life, gotta love the drama man what can I say.

This is pretty short not going lie, this is probably going to be the shortest chapter and I realize I didn't give any description of what Odette looks like so I'll probably do that next chapter.

If I make a grammar mistake just lmk