Chapter 2

6:22AM

   I pulled a pillow over my head as my curtains were whipped back and sunlight flooded into my room. "Rise and shine sweetie pie," Kelly sang and tugged the pillow off of my head. 

   I groaned pulling the covers up over my head hoping she would let me sleep in. She let out a soft sigh as I hear her gentle footsteps walk over to the edge of my bed. I snuggled myself into a comfy ball ready to go back to sleep hoping that she gave up but was quickly proven wrong. A moment later the warmth from my blanket vanished and two small firm hands wrapped around my ankles.

   "Now, Char do you want to get up and drag yourself to the bathroom to get ready or do I have to do that for you too." I gasped and quickly shook my head, knowing she wasn't bluffing on her threat, as I plopped myself up on my elbows. She smiled and released my ankles. I swung my legs off the bed onto the ground with a annoyed moan and slipped my feet into my favorite fluffy blue house slippers before dragging my feet to the bathroom.

   After 30 minutes of embracing the hot water in the shower,  I dragged my feet back into my room and up the black spiral stairs to my walk in closet. I had tons of clothes, but it never felt like enough. I just wanted more, which led my dad getting tired of my complaining that I didn't having enough space and built me a whole floor just for my clothes and shoes. I walked over to my blue and black polka dot chair where Kelly, who also doubles as my stylist, picked out my clothes for me. She understands how my style and her sense of fashion is amazing, she has never made me look bad yet.

  I put on the black trib off shoulder shirt and black and white flared jeans satisfied. I slipped into my comfortable white wedges  and walked back down to my room over to my wall mirror. I took the micro-fiber towel off of my head and shook my hair out running my fingers through it and shaking it out a little more to separate and loosen the curls. I reached over and grabbed an elastic band off my white table next to my mirror, and pulled my hair back into a tight high ponytail. I looked myself over one more time before following the scent of breakfast to the kitchen.

  I heard my 7 year old brother, Elliot, talking excitedly before walking around the corner and seeing him sitting on top of the counter next to Kelly playing with his toy car while she set his plate breakfast. His head shot up as I walked to the fridge and he jumped off the counter and ran around the island to me, engulfing my waist in a tight squeeze. I wrapped my arms around him as he squeezed tighter on to my waist.

  "Hey there El." 

  "Hi Char! Guess what?" He replied with a huge grin on his face that made his dimples show as I picked him up and placed him back on the counter.

 "Why don't you just tell me." I whined jokingly.

 "No, you have to guess first!" He scolded me causing me to smile and I put on my best thinking face making him laugh.

  "I got it! You're going to become an astronaut!" I exclaim causing him to laugh even more.

  "No, you silly goose! I'm trying out for my school's soccer team." He told me proudly.

  "Oh my gosh! That's great Elliot."

  "Can you come to my tryouts after school?" He pleaded to me, giving me his signature puppy eyes.

  "Of course I can. I promise." I told him as I held out my pinkie. His dimples popped out as we intertwined our pinkies.

  "When will mommy and daddy be back?" He asked curiously. My smile fell and I looked up at Kelly who looked just as lost for words.

  "Mommy and daddy will be back soon." Kelly answered with a hopeful smile, "Now you two better get going before you both are late." Kelly handed Elliot his lunch bag and handed me my breakfast smoothie and a letter. I wrinkled my face in confusion at the letter and she leaned in making sure Elliot can't hear and whispered a quick "from your parents" to me. I looked at her and nodded while I mouth her thank you before helping Elliot off the counter and walking to the garage.