Chapter 5

Eventually, morning came, and the Cothranians were sent on their way. This time, with somewhere to go. Zecora had given them directions to a town called Ponyville. If anyone were to ask who they were, or where they came from, they should just say that "Zecora sent them." As they walked through the Everfree Forest, they came upon poison joke. "Charlie, are those flowers... sporing? I don't think that's possible, but it looks like they are."
"Yeah, I think I can see the spores too."
"Charlie, we might just wanna take a different route before we're covered in alien... Equestrian spores."
"Alright, TL." Of course, they had no way of knowing the dangers of poison joke. But with a bit of luck and intuition, they managed to stay clear of it. They walked farther, and finally saw an edge to this seemingly endless forest. Behind the trees, was the bright outline of a village.
"Alpha, these houses look almost medieval. And there's more creatures standing on four legs. I think this place might be inhabited by them."
"No shit, Sherlock."
They finally reached the edge of the forest, and walked along one of the roads, hoping they could get a bit of food by bartering. As they walked, they could feel the weight of a thousand stares on them. They were different, and they knew that, but at least they weren't staring back at the creatures.
They arrived at a place titled, "Sugarcube Corner," a building that was decorated in such a way that it looked like it was made out of pastries, and decided this could be a place for them to get some kind of food. As they entered they smelled the fresh aroma of pastries coming out of the oven, they saw a swirl of colors, and a hyperactive pink quadruped dashing around frantically behind the counter, looking through cupboards for what they thought was ingredients. "Hello?" said Alpha, in the universal Havaluan greeting.
"Oh, heya! I didn't see you two- what the hay!?"Why are you standing on two legs? No, how are you standing on two legs?"
"Never mind that, could you get us some food?"
"It'll cost you, scary sirs. Everypony knows that! Now, what can I getch'a?" the pony shivered.
"Wait, hold up. What's a pony?"
"Everyone here, silly billy! I'm a pony, the people in the streets are ponies, everyone except you, that is. Tell me. Who are you, and where are you from?"
"It's a long story, just... can we please have some food?"
"Like I said, it'll cost you. It doesn't seem like you have any money, though. Would you like some free samples!?"
"Sure." The pony somehow spontaneously had cookies appear in her hand when she put them behind her back.
"Alpha, you saw that, right? That wasn't just me?"
"Yeah, I saw it."
"See what?" the pony interrupted.
"Never mind," said Alpha.
"Well, here's your cookies. Have a fun-filled day!"
"Thanks... I guess."
Charlie and Alpha walked out of the store, cookies in hand. Just when Charlie was going to take a bite out of one of them, a high-pitched but loud voice, with a mysterious accent, said, "Applejack look! It's the monsters again!"