Chapter 4

Neither Alpha nor Charlie were able to sleep much that night, the possible threat of timberwolves keeping them awake. In the morning, all of the zap apples had disappeared. They had to live off of shooting the small amounts of rabbits and other creatures they could find.
As they wandered through the Everfree, they came upon a hut. Since they felt like they were dying of thirst, they decided that even if they were captured by a Havaluan, they would at least still be alive.
They knocked on the hut's door, and dropped their weapons with their hands up. "Hello, Si-tral, Fintu, I have been, expecting you. I know it is home that you seek, come sit down for I see you are weak." It was another quadruped talking to them, and it also spoke Havaluan, but they were too exhausted to care about that and the fact that it had said their first names with perfect accuracy. So they sat. "I am Zecora if you must know, but please do understand I am not your foe. Come, have a drink from my lovely stew, it is not poison, I assure you. It was made from ingredients from here, please drink, and do not fear. It will make you much more stronger, and your weakness will not last much longer." Desperate, the two Cothranians drank from the stew, even though it was most probably poison. However, just from the first sip, they already felt rejuvenated.
Alpha had gained the strength and courage to speak. "Thank you, kind Zecora. I must ask, how do you know who we are? Why are you not afraid of us?"
"I once learned long ago, that strange strangers are just people you do not know. Be kind to all, for no one can say, they might just save your life one day."
"Zecora," asked Charlie. "Is this... Havalu?"
"No, I am afraid this is not, the place where it is always hot. Instead, you are in the Kingdom of Equestria, ruled by Princess Celestia. Now please, rest in these beds, you have a very long day ahead."