Chapter 1

season 1 episode 2

season 1 episode 2

Sara was sitting on the first bleacher near the basketball court as the second game of the season was playing out in front of her. She was Whitey's assistant/the team's assistant for the season because she was caught breaking and entering into an abandoned building that belonged to the county. All she had to do was grab towels, water and extra basketballs so it wasn't that hard. She's just annoyed that she didn't see the cop car coming around the corner when she picked the lock but it was pitch black outside and she couldn't turn on her flashlight because someone would see it. But she got caught anyway.

She was watching the team warm up as she glanced over at the newest recruit. Lucas Scott. Black sheep of the Scott family because his dad got his mom pregnant then got another woman pregnant after and stayed with the other woman. He lives with his mom who owns the cafe on main street.

Speaking of the other son, Nathan Scott walked around the court like he owned it. Most popular guy in school and his dad is making Nathan live in his shadow because he didn't make the NBA. So Nathan has to be the best to make his dad proud.

The game started after Whitey called the team over and spoke to them before the game. Once the team went back on the court, Sara relaxed and watched the game. The ball went up and the Tree Hill Ravens had the ball first.

Lucas was doing horrible during the game. She couldn't take her eyes off it. She didn't know much about basketball but she was pretty sure the ball was meant to go in the hoop. She may have been stuck here for the season but she  didn't want the team to lose. After a while, Whitey sat Lucas out and Sara smiled at the blonde boy. He smiled back then frowned as Nathan came over.

"Start taking notes punk." Nathan ran by him and back out to the court to finish the game.

Lucas looked at Nathan's back as he was running down the court then back out at the game. Sara glared at Nathan as he ran past. Sure, she was embarassed for Lucas but she wasn't going to be mean about it. She knew it was nerves from playing his first game on the team and he'll do better next time.

The next afternoon, Sara walked down the hallways of Tree Hill high school, weaving in and out of crowds of students just standing around, smiling in victory once she reached her locker. She grabbed her english and history textbooks as those two were her last classes of the day. She hooked the lock back on the door and put the key in the bottom of the lock, turning it to make sure it was secure, her locker now closed and locked. She lifted her backpack higher on her shoulder and went to class. Only English and History class, then assisting Whitey with the basketball team until she was free to go home.

As the teacher was going on about Hemingway, she wrote clues in the margins of her notebook. She started working on a new case and she couldn't wait to solve it. She looked up when she heard the teacher say her name.