Entangled Shadows: Lan WangJi's Dilemma of Love and Manipulation

Amidst the aftermath of the Sunshot campaign, Lan WangJi found himself ensnared in the guilt of an illicit love for Wei WuXian. The burden of his possessiveness, a Lan trait, weighed heavily on his conscience, and inner conflict waged war within him.

"You got me feeling guilty," he mumbled to himself, torn between the desire to protect and the urge to manipulate. Loving Wei WuXian felt like a crime, yet he couldn't resist the intoxication of his emotions. "For tricking and taking from you," he confessed silently, knowing he'd spun a web of lies.

In his actions to win Wei WuXian's heart, Lan WangJi blurred the line between good and bad. "I make you addicted," he reasoned within, recognizing that he had entangled Wei WuXian in a web of affection, making it impossible for him to distinguish pain from love.

As the manipulative dance continued, Lan WangJi seized the opportunity when Wei WuXian, weary from the war, sought solace. Sweet words and carefully orchestrated actions deepened Wei WuXian's vulnerability, making him trust Lan WangJi implicitly.

"Who's gonna punish me?" Lan WangJi contemplated, fully aware of the transgressions he committed. Yet, he justified it all, convinced that in the final moment, his moral judgment was a shade of grey.

Eventually, as Lan WangJi proposed marriage, Wei WuXian, ensnared in love, agreed without hesitation. The boundaries between their emotions became hazy, and Lan WangJi's actions left Wei WuXian addicted to him.

"When you've caught on, I'm already gone," Lan WangJi confessed to Wei WuXian, a mixture of remorse and fear in his eyes. "Yes: I can walk like this, talk like this, play like this and lie like this!" he pleaded for understanding, exposing the truth of his flawed character. "I am not the innocent you thought me to be," he admitted tearfully, dreading Wei WuXian's rejection.

As the truth unfolded, Lan WangJi expected the worst, haunted by his uncle's warnings. However, he was surprised to find that Wei WuXian's judgment didn't waver. Qiren's words echoed in his mind as they walked together, and a distant warning sang in his ears: "Run and spare the poor soul from your grasp." Yet, Wei WuXian's loyalty remained, leaving Lan WangJi both relieved and fearful of the monster he had become in the pursuit of love.

All not knowing, that the one being manipulated all this time, has been none other than Lan WangJi himself.

Well, where's the harm? It's what he wanted all along anyway, Wei Ying just fits him so well. They complete each other wonderfully.

A beast to a beast. A monster to another. Predator with predator. Manipulator to Puppet master.

The deceiver couple.

WangXian.

That was their story.

One kills for the other's love. The other lies for the other's life.