First Quest (8)

<Author's Thoughts: I want to release an extra chapter today for reaching more than 10 Power Stones this week. Thank you, Jitna and Maximus1334!>

Some time later...

Tch!

Vivian clicked her tongue.

Up ahead and heading towards her was a sunflower monster.

She didn't move and just waited for the monster to come to her.

Ugh...!

Why this...?

I can't punch this...

Hmm...

I already have 11 tails with me now...

4 left and I can go back to the Adventurer's Guild and collect my reward...

Which, of course, will be used to repair my broken shoe...

Wait...!

Even if I get it repaired, it's not like it will be magically repaired right away, right...?

And I still have to go outside and take another quest...

Shit...!

That never crossed my mind...

Oh, it's already here...

The sunflower monster finally got within her attack range and she immediately swung one of her sticks.

Whaaack!

Right after she bashed the sunflower monster to death with a stick, another monster appeared.

A trunk monster came bursting out of the bushes.

Vivian dropped one of her sticks and ran away to create some distance.

She saw a rock and picked it up.

Woooh!

Braaak!

A part of the trunk monster's body shattered which caused it to stop for a moment before resuming rushing towards Vivian.

"This is really bothersome."

Vivian dropped her remaining stick and took out a stone from her satchel.

Woooh!

Braaak!

When the stone landed and shattered another part of the monster's body, she dashed forward.

Pah!

Thud.

She delivered a flying kick, causing the monster to crash to the ground and she also almost lost her balance when landing because of the uneven terrain.

She then rushed over to the trunk monster lying on the ground.

Bam!

Bam!

She drove two fists into the shattered parts of the monster.

Whaaack!

Whaaack!

The monster whipped Vivian with its branch-arms and a thin red line appeared on her right cheek and left arm but she just gritted her teeth and squirmed her hands inside the monster's body. When she finally felt the edges of its shell, she grabbed onto them and pulled out in the opposite direction.

"HAAA!!!"

Craaack!

Fragments of the monster's shell and green fluids scattered all around and on Vivian.