viii. 𝘵𝘰𝘵𝘢𝘭𝘭𝘺 𝘤𝘭𝘶𝘦𝘭𝘦𝘴𝘴

  chapter eight  totally clueless

chapter eight
totally clueless

💗

LILY'S BEEN TRYING to find as many reasons as possible for the group not to go near the lab, but with the kids' blind determination and their somewhat feeling of responsibility for the creatures let loose, she realises even attempting to drive them away is practically impossible.

And so, she reluctantly walks with Steve Harrington at her side and a bunch of middle schoolers behind her, keeping their eyes peeled as the eerie-looking building draws closer.

Lily's not sure if she ever payed enough attention to Hawkins Lab before to remember whether or not it always looked this creepy. Then again, she supposes the knowledge of what kind of things are hidden inside as well as the thick mist lurking around the building's edges isn't exactly helping its image.

"Hello?"

A voice echoes, snapping her out of her thoughts.

She can just make out a car, still with its headlights on, parked outside the lab's gates. Two shadowy figures stand in front of it.

"Who's there?" the unfamiliar voice yells again.

The group draw nearer, until they're only metres away — and Lily can only just see who is standing before them.

"Steve?!" Nancy Wheeler and Jonathan Byers call out together.

Oh, perfect.

"Nancy?" Steve says walking forwards.

"Jonathan..." Dustin speaks.

Shame you didn't bring your red roses, Lily wants to say to the Harrington boy, as he leaves her side walking forwards to meet his newest ex-girlfriend.

"What are you doing here?" Nancy says, before she turns to the rest of the group, her eyes landing on Lily.

Lily gives her an awkward smile. Nancy, confused, goes to greet her — but Steve cuts her off.