iv. 𝘲𝘶𝘦𝘴𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯...?

chapter four question

chapter four
question...?

💗

STEVE KNOWS HE MIGHT be acting a little crazy right now, but he's really not got much to lose, at this moment.

He's lost his friends, his girlfriend, and his crown has been given to King Billy Hargrove — and yet, whilst a few years ago he would've lost all hope — these are the least of his worries, right now.

Because he knows there's something going on with that goddamn pumpkin patch. Especially if Hawkins Lab is testing it. He knows something's wrong.

The only problem is, his ex-girlfriend (or ex-childhood best friend — pick whichever) is the daughter of the farmer whose pumpkin patch is currently rotten — so getting any information is a huge struggle for Steve, considering Lily hates him so much.

In fact, he's sure she finds it amusing not giving him what he wants. She's enjoying seeing him so frustrated.

But, he's decided he's going to take matters into his own hands. If Lily's not going to tell him anything, he's going to find out for himself.

And that's how he finds himself driving to Lily's house.

He's not exactly sure what it is he's going to say when he gets there... but it's the best plan he can come up with. At least if he sees the lab running tests, then he'll know what kind of stuff is going on in Lily's pumpkin patch...

He feels a strange sense of deja vu as he pulls up to the Wrights' home, and is immediately reminded of a few nights ago, when he had a drunken girl in his passenger seat, dropping bomb after bomb on him.

Steve still can't quite believe the whole reason he and Lily fell apart was because she overheard a conversation between him and his 'friends'. A conversation in which he'd been lying the entire time.

She'd stopped talking to him altogether after that day. He'd thought she had decided she was too cool for him, or something. She had completely ignored him... it was like he was invisible, and he'd never known why. It was only because he'd heard from someone else that she'd told her friends they'd broken up did he finally get the message.