𝟢𝟣𝟦, 𝗐𝖺𝗇𝗍 𝗍𝗁𝖺𝗍 𝗍𝗈𝗈

Start from the beginning

Charlotte tucks her lips tightly between her teeth and passes her phone to the blonde. Liv leans over Jordan's shoulder, both of them seething at the two word text. Two words was all that was needed to bring their blood to boil.

"What a tool," Olivia mutters.

Jordan shakes her head. "Asshole just wants to fuck with you, Char. Don't answer it."

Taking her phone back, Charlotte shakes her head. She clicks it off and stuffs it into her pocket. "I wasn't going to. It just bothers me, you know? Like, I know it shouldn't, and we've been broken up for nearly a year but it still just gets to me."

Olivia shakes her head. "That's just what he wants, Char."

Maybe she was right. Actually, no. She was right, no questions asked. It still didn't stop Charlotte from feeling annoyed. He had absolutely no right to text her now. Not after everything they've been though.

"Part of me just want to light him up," Charlotte seethes. She slumps further down into the couch and pulls a blanket over her body, succumbing herself to the warmth.

"Don't do it. It's a freaking trap, okay. Fuck him!"

Olivia and Charlotte take a moment to eye each other. "Uh, Jordan, babe, that's not..."

"What? No. Don't actually--" Jordan shakes her head in defeat. "You know what? Never mind. Just don't text him. In fact, it's probably time to block his number."

Charlotte quickly shook her head. "No. No, I'm not doing that."

Liv sighs, sitting up and looking at her sister. "Char, babe... it's time."

Jordan holds out her hand for Charlotte's phone, knowing damn well Charlotte wouldn't do it herself. No matter what kind of shit someone put her through, she had never really been the type of person to block their number or any socials. She always thought it's better to be the bigger person. Plus, blocking someone typically caused a lot more problems than they did solve.

Gazing down at ehr friend's outstretched hand, Charlotte sighed. She dug through her pocket for her phone before slapping it down in Jordan's hand. Eagerly, the girl tapped on Dylan's contact and clicked the red button, deleting it for good. "There. The past is finally in the past. Now, back to the future. Play the video, m'lady!"

Liv salutes Jordan playfully. "Yes, ma'am."

Charlotte laughs at her two friends while Liv pulls up the video. It buffers for a quick minute before the first shot of the video illuminates the room. A few seconds later, Charlotte and Liv are making it into shot, earning a shout from Jordan. "There they are!"

"Shh. Quiet on set!" Liv jokes as Charlotte laughs again, turning her attention back to the screen.

Majority of the time is spent with the three girls on the couch, munching on popcorn and M&M's while they watch the evens play out. Only, toward the middle of the video, Charlotte began to doze off.

She pulled out her phone and looked through her contacts, a pit in her stomach when she saw Dylan's contact absent. She didn't miss him. She knew she didn't. But for some reason, it was hard to get go of that past.

He was such a constant to her for the years that they were together. Once upon a time, he meant so much to her. It felt weird not to have him with her in one form or another.

But then again, she gave him everything. She gave him everything she couldn't afford to lose and in the end, she did. Maybe it was her mistake or not. Either way, he was just back because he sensed she found something new. Something better than him and he just wanted to ruin that too.

Charlotte pauses, taking a moment to process the words that just formed in her head. Now that I have something new, he wants that too.

There it was. That was the jackpot.

Her fingers move across the screen, landing herself at her notes app with an empty page in front of her. She bites her lip and begins to type away, not stopping until she had something she was pleased with.

VERSE 1
I was blindsided
Couldn't see it coming
Too young to be treated like that
You were on something
Cut me down to nothing
And your knife's still stuck in my back

PRE-CHORUS
Keep saying one day I'll regret it
But I don't
Probably think one day I'll forget it
But I don't

CHORUS
Oh, I gave you everything that I couldn't afford to lose
Now, I pull myself together and you come out of the blue
Taking all the better parts of me is all you ever do
Now, the second I find something good
I know that
You're gonna want that too

Charlotte takes a moment to look at the lyrics and she smiles to herself. She was finally getting her mojo back. And to think, all it took was a ghost investigation with two certain ghost hunters.

She clicks her phone off and turns back to the TV. There he is. Colby is on the screen smiling in his charming ass smile and Charlotte can't help but smile herself.

Goddamn. Now's the scary part.

Because she couldn't tell yet, but she was slowly falling for him. Whether she liked it or not.

 Whether she liked it or not