𝟢𝟣𝟤, 𝗂 𝗐𝖺𝗌 𝖾𝗇𝖼𝗁𝖺𝗇𝗍𝖾𝖽 𝗍𝗈 𝗆𝖾𝖾𝗍 𝗒𝗈𝗎

𝐃𝐄𝐋𝐈𝐂𝐀𝐓𝐄   /   𝗏𝗈𝗅𝗎𝗆𝖾 𝗈𝗇𝖾

𝐃𝐄𝐋𝐈𝐂𝐀𝐓𝐄 / 𝗏𝗈𝗅𝗎𝗆𝖾 𝗈𝗇𝖾.
chapter twelve, i was enchanted to meet you
𝗇𝖺𝗋𝗋𝖺𝗍𝗂𝗏𝖾 && 𝗂𝗇𝗌𝗍𝖺𝗀𝗋𝖺𝗆

CHARLOTTE SAT AT HER SMALL DESK with her feet tucked beneath her, scribbling away the lyrics she had just written down to a scrap piece of notebook paper.

It had been a few days since Charlotte and Olivia arrived back home after the Mizpah Investigation with Sam and Colby, and Charlotte had been holed away for a majority of them. Jordan arrived at LAX yesterday morning, so after the girls spent a day catching up and moving her back in, Charlotte was back to full-on song writing mode.

Although, she hadn't been getting very far.

Her brain physically hurt as she tried to string something together, but she wasn't getting anything worth wild. Every time she would get a few words or a sentence down, she would scribble it out and pull out a fresh sheet of paper.

It's not deep enough.

It's not romantic enough.

It's not poetic enough.

It was just never enough.

That was Charlotte's least favorite part about her career. She loved singing. It was her passion since the beginning and always would been. Typically, song writing wasn't this hard. She usually had something to write about. Now, she had nothing.

The notebook she kept stashed away and used solely for song lyrics was nearing the last pages. It was filled to the brim with song lyrics from songs on her past two albums. Occasionally, she would even flip through them and try and take inspiration from them.

It never worked.

She sighed in defeat and slammed the notebook closed, throwing her pen onto the white desk and throwing her head back. She ran her hands through her hair in aggravation, ready to give up and scrap the idea of releasing another album. Ever.

She shook the thoughts away and slipped on a pair of slippers, venturing out into the kitchen to get herself a drink of water.

She pulled a fresh glass out of the overhead cabinet and filled with ice water before pulling her phone from her sweatpants pocket. She scrolled through Instagram while she leaned on the counter, sipping away at the shivering cold water.

A few minutes later, her glass was empty and she retreated back to her room. The clock was reaching close to eight o'clock, which meant she had been working on writing a single lyric for the past few hours—give or take considering the amount of Instagram stalking she had done—with no avail.

She quickly shut her phone off, putting it face down as to not get distracted and slumped in the comfy desk chair.

The minute her pen touched the paper, she froze again. The only thing that arrived in her mind was the nice of crickets chirping deep in her thoughts. It was useless.