𝐂𝐑𝐔𝐄𝐋 𝐈𝐍𝐓𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍𝐒 ー 残酷な意図

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐅𝐢𝐯𝐞  ⎡ 𝑺𝒂𝒗𝒊𝒐𝒓 ⎦

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐅𝐢𝐯𝐞 
⎡ 𝑺𝒂𝒗𝒊𝒐𝒓 ⎦

꧁꧂

This isn't good...

    This isn't good at all...

    Having removed herself from Kenji's grip since she didn't want to be too much of a burden to carry all the way up the mountain, (Y/N) could feel her worry skyrocketing when realizing just how close Sanemi was to catching up to them.

    He'll kill us the second we're in his sight.

    He won't make the same mistake twice.

    "Kenji," she whispered, pointing towards a cave that was well hidden amongst the green and black of the foliage. "We should take cover. That Hashira won't be backing down anytime soon, and not to mention, the sun is almost up."

"You're right..." he muttered, his red eyes flicking around. "Let's go with your suggestion. I would never forgive myself if something happened to you."

Heat spread through (Y/N)'s body as the words left Kenji's lips, the love she felt for him practically overflowing at that point. Although she didn't remember some aspects of her life as a demon, and most aspects of her life as a human, she always knew that Kenji was there, and the constance of his presence never left her longing for family because he already made her feel like she had one.

Kenji-san...

If it weren't for him, I would've long been dead by now. I should remember to thank him after all the times he's saved me.

Smiling softly to herself, (Y/N) followed Kenji into the cave, already the cool air turning damp the further they walked inside whilst the ground became firmer and more stone-like. Huddling beside each other, their cold bodies giving off no form of heat, they waited.

It wasn't long before footsteps were heard.

(Y/N) shrank in on herself.

     He's here...

Swallowing thickly, she tried to still everything—from the breaths she inhaled to the way she blinked only out of fear. Her silence seemed to work since Sanemi could feel his anger rising by the second as he searched for her who had allowed to escape under his watch, veins then scrawling across his forehead. Grounding his teeth and ready to rip trees and boulders from their rooted positions just to find (Y/N) and Kenji, something that caught in the light of the moon made him freeze in his footsteps.