Chapter 14: Think It Through

Chapter 14

Think It Through
------------------------------
O'Shae

I sat quietly in my waiting chair listening to my phone going off for the fifth time in my lap. Dink has called, Corina has called, Bria called, and my mom has called me twice now. Honestly I'm not caring to talk to any of them, my main focus has been on August, and what the doctors might say about his condition. Last I was told was that he had a pretty bad concussion and they needed to evaluate him and give him time to rest up. That was last night so I'm hoping we'll be able to see him today.

August's mother-- Ms.Sheila, and Travis had came up to the hospital after one of the doctors called them, and they've been up here with me since. Ms.Sheila has been worried like crazy, and upset that anyone would do this to Aug, meanwhile Travis has been pretty quiet. Although he's been quiet, a permanent scowl has been on his face, and he's made a couple calls here and there to someone. I don't want to be nosey, but I do want to make sure he's okay.

"Travis?" I called out as I walked up on him while he stood posted up against a wall.

He looked over at me and lightly smiled. "Hey Shae."

"Hey, you okay?"

"Me? Yea, I'm straight. Why?"

"I don't know," I shrugged. "You just haven't said much, and I just wanted to make sure you're not ready to explode on the inside or anything."

He chuckled and shook his head as he refolded his arms. "Naw, I'm fine. I know lil brody gone be straight, but I do wanna know who did this, and I wanna know now."

As soon as he said that I got nervous. I know exactly who did this considering I saw his face clear as day as he ran away last night. I've been thinking about telling the police, but the doctors said they won't be coming up here until August wakes up. I'm scared of saying anything and getting Rah caught, but I can't just let him run around beating niggas with baseball bats. I said it won't happen again, and I've let it happen, I needed to do something to ensure none of this goes down ever again.

"Yea, I hope Aug can remember." I lightly smiled. Travis nodded and I rubbed his back before heading back to my seat.

This is all a lot to think about, especially my next moves. One thing I know though, is I need to talk to Raheem right away. He did this and I need to go and figure out what I can do to make sure he's gonna leave August alone once he's woke.

"Baybeh," Ms.Sheila called before lightly placing her hand on my back. I looked up and over at her. "August is going to be alright. He's a tough lil thang, so don't even stress about it." She assured me.

I nodded liking her and Trav's positive energy. The two of them have hope in Aug, and I'm trying to be the same way, but seeing him get hit in the face with that baseball bat has me thinking the worst. The side of his head was bleeding so bad I thought he was already dead when I sat in the street cradling him. I just pray to God that he doesn't have any internal bleeding.

"Yea, I'm sure he will too. And I'm sorry this happened to him. I know it must have been scary for you to get that call."

"Oh yes it was, but I've prayed, and August has told me you're a church girl, and I seen you prayin' too. God gone hear us, and he gone give my baybeh anotha chance. "

I nodded and smiled at that. I did pray for Aug, a couple times actually just for the sheer fact that I'm scared for his life. Even though we haven't been together long or known one and other too long for that matter, he still holds a place in my heart and I just don't want to go back to days without him in it.