Chapter 11 Harvest (unedited)

Start from the beginning

  "Yingzi, Yingzi, what are you doing? Were you scared just now?" Li Li looked at Han Xiuying's dull expression and thought that she shouldn't be scared.

  Han Xiuying was indeed frightened, but not because of being tripped, but because of Li Li. To be precise, it was the thing in Li Li's backpack. That thing was a bow and a crossbow!

  No wonder it looked familiar to him. When he saw the bow and arrow on the ground just now, Han Xiuying remembered that the parts Li Li took just now should be assembled into a bow or crossbow. When I was a kid in my last life, my second brother naughtily took home the toys from his father's military camp and disassembled and assembled them for fun. I have seen them, and they are similar to Li Li's. However, Li Li's parts look much smaller than those in the military camp, but their functions should be Can't go too wrong.

  Looking at Li Li waving her hands in front of her, Han Xiuying quickly mobilized her brain and showed her previous state of fighting against Concubine Zhang. "Well, I was a little scared, but I have come to my senses now. It's okay. Look at the sun. What a day." It's time for us to go back."

  Li Li saw that Han Xiuying had come back to her senses and felt relieved. "It's okay. I was a little scared when I saw you in a daze just now. Fortunately, you reacted. It's already noon today. , we should go home quickly."

  Han Xiuying followed Li Li as she walked home, thinking about something. She was a little taciturn along the way. Li Li thought that Han Xiuying was scared just now, so she didn't do much seeing her in this state. In other words, the two of them walked faster along the way than when they came in the morning.

  The two separated at the entrance of the village. Han Xiuying looked at Li Li's leaving figure and thought: What kind of person is Li Li? Like most of the villagers, she wears blue-gray patched coarse cloth, eats wild vegetables and grains, and talks with others. We all carry baskets on our backs and go to Xishan Pass to pick wild vegetables. She is a peasant woman, but she is not like a peasant woman. Her clothes are always cleaner and neater than others, and her cooking is more delicious and fragrant than most people in the village.

  What is even more incomprehensible is that today, in her backpack, there are both paintings and calligraphy that can cultivate sentiments, as well as worthless broken tiles and jars; there are animal traps that can capture wild animals, and even bows that can kill people. crossbow.

  Han Xiuying couldn't figure it out, but she felt that without knowing the specific situation, it was best to get along with the couple without taking the initiative to approach or distance themselves. Let nature take its course, wait for a period of observation, figure out the situation, and then make next plans. of.

  After hearing "Gulu" and "Gulu" twice, Yingzi realized that she was hungry. The meal she had eaten at six o'clock in the morning was already past two o'clock in the afternoon, and she had not eaten yet. If you can't figure it out, don't think about it. Let's ask again when Minghai comes back. Han Xiuying decided to put this matter aside for the time being and go to appease her stomach.

  When Xu Minghai returned, Han Xiuying was sitting in the main room studying her cookbook. Han Xiuying felt that cooking was really a university subject, and it was not easy to learn it well.

  Seeing Xu Minghai come in, he quickly closed the door and acted like a thief, "What's wrong? Are you being chased?"

  "Go in and talk." Xu Minghai pulled Han Xiuying into the house with caution and closed the door.

  "Yingzi, what do you think this is?" Only now did Xu Minghai happily remove the bamboo basket from his back and show Han Xiuying the precious things hidden under the rags and weeds.

   "This is rice and white noodles!" No wonder Han Xiuying was so surprised. She had just woken up and ate egg white noodles once. At that time, she only ate a few mouthfuls because she was not used to it. If it were now, she would definitely be able to eat that Finished one bowl.

   "Well, it's rice and noodles. I just arrived in the county and didn't know anything about the situation. I thought it was impossible at first. How can anyone not eat rice and noodles in exchange for money? Now that I don't have a ticket, no matter how much money I have, it won't matter. Use it, but Binzi said that Li Li heard someone say that someone bought it at the Houdaokou area, and then we wandered there for a long time, and they actually got us."

   Xu Minghai took a sip of the hot water given by his wife . Then he said: "That family is an old lady. Her youngest son got married and the bride asked for a lot of gifts, so she wanted to exchange food rations for money. There were five kilograms of rice and seven kilograms of noodles in total. We thought it was a rare opportunity, so Binzi and I asked for them all. But the price is more expensive than the grain store, rice costs 30 cents, and flour costs 26 cents."

   "It doesn't matter how much it costs, as long as you can come back safely after buying it." Although I am happy, it is a serious crime to be caught buying and selling privately. Han Xiuying still remembers this very clearly. 

  "It scared me to death. Carrying this little food on my back along the way was more tiring than carrying rocks." Xu Minghai was afraid of his chest. Looking back now, he was still a little scared. It was the first time he did it, and it was still illegal. I was just worried and scared on the way.

   "It's okay. We're home now. Are you hungry? I'll order some food." Han Xiuying was afraid that Xu Minghai would be hungry. It was already six or seven o'clock in the evening. She was only looking at the recipes and forgot to make dinner.

   "Yeah, yeah, I'm starving. Binzi and I arrived at the county at noon. We didn't know anything. We were just looking for the way and didn't eat much. When we bought food, we just rushed home and even forgot about hunger. You There are still more than half of the vegetable cakes given in the morning. How about we eat rice today? I haven't eaten it in a long time and I can't even remember what it tastes like."

    "Okay, let's eat rice." Han Xiuying was very obedient. She took the rice to the kitchen. It had been a long time since she had eaten white rice.

   In the evening, the two of them had white rice with cold purslane and egg and wild vegetable soup. Their house had no chicken coops and no chickens. The eggs at home were delivered by Xu's mother the day before yesterday. Xu's mother also said hello. After a while, the old hen will hatch some chicks and send them a few more.

   Two large bowls of white rice and a bowl of egg drop soup not only drove away Xu Minghai's fear, but also strengthened his courage, "Yingzi, the town's purchasing station is collecting wild animals, and our two pheasants have been sold. Two and three yuan, Binzi's family has more than ours, which is four and eight yuan. I think I will go to the mountains often in the future, and I can sell it for a lot of money at the buying station."

    After eating and drinking, I lay down in bed comfortably. ~Xu Minghai on the mountain began to imagine a new life in the future, but he never thought about how small the chance of them catching wild animals in the mountains was before. Han Xiuying estimated that they were either lucky this time, as Xu Minghai said, or Li Li did something else, otherwise they wouldn't have been able to gain so much in just a few days.

   Han Xiuying looked at Xu Minghai's excitement and didn't say anything to hurt him. Instead, she changed her mind to something else, "Minghai, what does Li Li's family do? How did she and Binzi know each other?" Han Xiuying thought in her mind. Still thinking about Li Li.