Chapter I - The Hunter

"Rivers, you copy?"

"Affirmative Commander."

"Good, tangos full house, make sure you clear the dru-."

"Yeah, Yeah, I hear you the drug and every Redzone, I'm off."

"Hol-!" then cuts comms.

         I've been through three hundred ninety-three of these cases and then some, besides never liked talking with fuckin Gorilla Marines. I move up to the two story dump home and proceeded to the front door slightly opening it, next throwing smoke making my advance to the way up to the left stairs passing an enemy, taking out my 9mm to three of them up the steps then just heard thuds on the wooden pallets, pushing to the room, kicking the door wide open pulling to my right taking a flash to the room then motion pulling the enemy to the ground then kicking another through the window, taking the drug on the table and leave through the broken window dropping myself landing on a corpse.

"Cheers, Mate." As I walk away from the building, I pull out a button then press it, detonating the building to rubble and a little touch of flames.

"Smells like BBQ, with a little of methamphetamine." I pulled away further to the woods. I pulled up my radio.

"Command, Sergeant Ray Rivers, come in."

"Oh, less than 8 minutes, what a in and out huh? Then come down to the gates, you know where" Then he cuts comms.

"Yeah... A in and out."

             For once in a while, I could go for bloody Chinese food. I thought the case made me hungry, but I haven't eaten anything for half a week, and I was annoyed that this client is taking his sweet time. Thirty minutes passed and my stomachs about to explode in acid but I stood by myself thinking I could go for a general Tso and seeing in the darkness a person coming out of the gates.

"Took you, didn't it?" I try not to throw up on my words.

"Apologies Sargeant Rivers, your cut and personal file." The client says holding both the documents up to me.

"Next time send the SAS, but thanks James" He nods, and I take about five-hundred bucks and the file "Listen Ray" I look towards him.

"What is it?" I speak.

"It's been almost eight years, you're almost forty, isn't time to mo-." I cut him off.

"No, stop talking, I know it's been a long while mate, but I'm getting closer to my goal and it's this file that'll help me do so" I say in a determined tone.

He sighs "Fine Ray... how about some General Tso's at Ching Mings joint, I'll pay?" I smirked.

"Oh, good old Jameson. Let me take off the load then let's go."

         After taking off my bullet vest and M4 I change into a wife-beater then walk out of the armory seeing James waiting in the car, I knew him for my whole life he joined the Air force then switched to armies planning squad at the head table, which is who gives information on operations and certain orders but he's one of the best pals I know. I jumped in the car, and he started the drive.

"Well, James, you had to move to a 4runner because your wife said so huh?"

"Yeah, since Alice was born, Martha became more of the Momess.'' I laugh.

"Yeah, I bet, I still miss the mustang."

"Don't wanna talk about it, that other baby's gone now."

"Well now you can give another name for this one."

"Yep, can't wait to.'' He pulls into Ming's food truck then I jump out of the car in pure happiness.

"Ming! how's it been?" Ming looked out the window.