Chapter 1

"You told me they were from that feral cat, that lives down the street."
"And I can't believe you believed me, for months."

Summer was almost over. The air was finally cooling down and the leaves had began to turn shades of orange and brown. The beaches had slowly become abandoned, as the August oceans in New York turned as cold as ice.

"I've stayed indoors all summer, I wore long sleeves everyday, I'd always hide my phone whenever you walked in and you never became suspicious of anything?" Lucy shouted.

She had finally decided to tell her mother how the scars, all down her arm, had gotten there. And this time, she was telling the truth

The truth is a funny thing. It can keep two people close or it can destroy them. You'll never really know until it's too late.

"Honey, I love you so much,"
Lucy stood up, "I've been doing this to myself for over 5 months now, I wanted to tell you because I trust you and that's all I get"
Tears fell from her mother's eyes, "Im sorry dear, I'm just-"
"I could tell," she said, sarcastically, sitting back down.
"Start from the beginning, tell me everything and I'll try to help"

She sighed and closed her eyes.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++

"When I turned 9, I never felt like I fitted in at school, my best friend, Julia, had decided her other friends were cooler than me and I was left alone, for years. No one ever came up to me, no one said 'hello' and things just went downhill,"

"Because I was always alone, I had time to think. I decided on my life career, I'd grow up to be some sort if lab rat. One of those people who don't worry about dying. And thats my earliest suicidal thought."

"Eventually, the feeling of not fitting in followed me home. I'd go to my room and hide until dinner and then you wouldn't see me until the next morning."

"When Nan's house burnt down, and Dad didn't return, everything got worse. I think I developed anxiety, which slowly lead to insomnia, social phobia and then self harm. You were always working so I had no one."

"Things just went downhill, the therapy is helping, but not enough. I'm trying mom, I really am."

++++++++++++++++++++++++++

"We'll fix this baby," the sad girl's mother whispered. "We'll figure it out."

Lucy's mom pulled her into a warm hug, her large figure making her hugs more enjoyable.

"Have you told the therapist?" her mum asked.
"No, but I think she knows, it's her job to see past these lies."
"You start school tomorrow."
"10th grade," Lucy rolled her eyes.
"You have to go," she said, sweetly.
"I know," Lucy whispered, drifting off to sleep.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++

So I guess I decided to update this one. Only a small part of this is a true story dw. Also, I'm writing this at 1am so sorry if it's shitty xD

Please vote and comment, bye :-)