016. new member

"So I figured I could show you New Girl... or Baby Daddy. I think you might like New Girl better. Well, maybe neither. I don't know. We can find out." Danielle says. "Spence?" She calls.

"Hmm?" He hums.

"What are you doing?" She asks.

"I'm calculating the force times distance times the co-efficient of friction to determine how fast I can make a hairpin turn in a Prius." Spencer says.

"You don't own a Prius." She says, sitting on the couch. "You barely even use the car you do own -- which is kinda old. You have some emotional attachment to the subway. Which is ironic because you hate germs yet you go towards all the time." Danielle rants.

"My car's classic, not old." Spencer says.

"Classic means old, dweeb." Danielle says.

"Anyway, if I had I Prius, I'd wanna know." Spencer reasons.

"Right." Danielle mumbles, giving her brother a weird look. "Anyway--" She's cut off as his phone goes off and Spencer looks at it.

"Ooh." He winces.

"No." Danielle whines.

"Sorry." Spencer tells her.

"Come on. It's my night off. You just got home." Danielle says.

"I can't control the unsubs." Spencer says, getting his stuff. "Here." He puts some money on the coffee table for the pizza. "I'll see you in a couple days." He kisses her on top of the head before rushing out of the apartment.

"Stupid jobs." Danielle grumbles, slouching on the couch.

+++

"Thank you." Penelope says as she opens the door for Spencer and Danielle who are carrying grocery bags. "Okay, just put everything on the counter and I'll put it away later."

"I like your altar." Spencer says.

"Thank you." Penelope shuts the door. They walk over to the kitchen and the two put the bags down. "Yeah, there's still a lot to do before the party next week, and... I'm scared. I've never had the whole team here before."

"Why are you doing a Day of the Dead theme?" Spencer asks.

"Well, uh, my stepfather's family always made a big deal of it in Mexico, and my name is Penelope Garcia, after all, so..." She shrugs. "Hey, could you check my refrigerator and see if I have enough hot sauce?" She asks Spencer. He goes to the fridge and opens it.

Danielle watches as Penelope puts fake blood on the corner of her eyes to make it look like she's crying blood.

"You have some jalapeno sauce here next to this jar of eyeballs." Spencer says, taking both items out. "But I think you're gonna need more depending on which guacamole you plan on making." He looks up at the blonde. "You okay?" He asks.

"You didn't even flinch." Penelope says. "JJ's right. I told her I wanted to go scary this Halloween, and she just laughed at me. And she said I don't have a scary side."

"I'm sorry. If it makes you feel better, you probably do." Spencer says.

"Really?" She asks.

"Yeah. The building blocks of the human personality are complex, varied, and multi-faceted. It's essential to one's mental health to want to express these hidden personalities, and it's a fact of nature that everybody has one."

"Everybody? You have one?" Penelope asks him.

"Oh, absolutely. Yeah." Spencer nods.

"Yeah, right." Danielle scoffs.