Chap 4 : His father is a philanthropist

Today's my First Day of college and I'm super excited about it, well a little nervous too

Today's my First Day of college and I'm super excited about it, well a little nervous too. But I'll manage to survive the whole day right ?

I was taken out of my trance when Krutika shouted from outside, "Devishi are you done yet ? We'll get late if you don't come right away, and don't forget your I'd card or else they won't let us in."

Oh wait I didn't introduce Krutika. Well she's my new roommate and let me tell you she's a very fun girl to be around.

I quickly took my I'd card, stood in front of the mirror and gave a last look to my appearance. I then dashed out of my room and ran down the stairs, where I met with a now angry Krutika.

"Are we good to go Madam ?" She said more like taunted, to which I only smiled sheepishly.

"Sure. After you" I said doing a royal bow. She rolled her eyes at me first but eventually smile. See I told you she's a very nice friend.

Our dorm was just 5 mins away from the university so we didn't have to walk a lot.
It was around 8:55 we reached college and thankfully we still had 5 mins before the guards stopped us from entering.

Uff this college they have too much discipline problems, school ka bhi baap hai yeh.

After that we went to our respective classes. I applied for psychology while Krutika applied for mass communication. So my first class was on the history of psychology while she had her on journalism. So we headed of to our respective classes.

I was looking for an empty seat to sit, and after some initial struggle I found one at the 2nd last row. A cute boy was sitting there and no other vacant seats except the one  beside him. I went near the place and asked politely "Excuse me...is this seat taken ?"

He looked up from his phone and said with a smile, "oh no no... you're most welcome to occupy the seat."

I sat down and he said once again with excitement, "Hey ! I'm Sanket...Sanket Mehta, nice to meet you."

I smiled back and replied "Hello I'm Devishi...Devishi Malhaan, nice to meet you too."

After 5 mins our professors entered. He was a really kind man and an excellent teacher. Like his notes are more than enough for me to top the exams, but history is just so boring. At first I was being very attentive but eventually at the end I lost interest so I started doing some sketches.

"Hey are you even listening to his lecture ? It's so boring yaar." Sanket said.

"I know right, history's just so boring."

"Let's play then " he said.

"Play what ?" I said raising my eyebrow.

"Criss Cross..." He said and give me a wide grin.