Chapter 2: Meeting Pokemon

Lincoln found himself walking besides Professor Juniper and Minccino. During that time, the kind professor had taken the time to explain to him what Pokemon were. He was quite amazed by what he had learned.

"So, let me see if I got this," he said. "Pokemon are unique creatures that come in all kinds of shapes and sizes. They can take on the form of walking rocks, animals, bugs, and even everyday objects. Plus, they can do all kinds of things like breathe fire or shoot electricity off of their body. Did I get it right?"

Professor Juniper smiled and nodded. "That's right," she said. "You appear to be a quick learner."

Lincoln rubbed the back of his head bashfully. "Well, not always," he said. "There are times when I take too long to learn things. It sometimes led me into trouble."

"I see," said Juniper. "By the way, I don't think I got your name."

Lincoln gasped. "Oh, right," he said. "Sorry about that. My name is Lincoln Loud."

"Lincoln Loud, huh? What an interesting name!"

Just then, he heard a strange sound coming from some tall grass. It sounded like whimpering. The boy turned towards the source and ran over.

"Lincoln, wait," Juniper called out as she and Minccino ran after him.

Lincoln made it and saw what was making the noise. Pinned under a tree branch was a small puppy-like creature that he had never seen before! It was covered in brown fur with a light brown furry face, very small paws, and black fur on its back. It saw Lincoln and let out a sad whimper, as if it was asking for help.

 It saw Lincoln and let out a sad whimper, as if it was asking for help

"Awe," said Lincoln. "Poor little guy. Hang on!" He made his way to the little puppy and lifted the heavy branch off. It took some effort, but he managed to succeed.

The small puppy looked up at Lincoln before giving him a smile. Before Lincoln could say anything, he heard a small tumbling sound.

"Oh, are you hungry?" Lincoln asked.

Juniper suddenly caught up to him. She noticed the little puppy and smiled. "Oh," she said. "A Lillipup!"

"A Lillipup?" Lincoln asked. "Is that what this little guy is?"

"That's right," Juniper answered. "Is he okay?"

Lincoln explained how he helped the puppy Pokemon. Juniper smiled and gave him three small berries.

"What are these?" The boy asked.

"These are Oran berries," the professor explained. "These are used to feed Pokemon and give them back some strength."

Lincoln nodded and knelt down next to Lillipup. "Do you want these?"

Lillipup sniffed the berries. Then it smiled and ate them up. As soon as it was done, it leapt into his arms and licked his face.