Date Nine

DATE NINE:

Place: City Fair

Time: June 25th, 3:00 pm

Yelp: 1.5/5 | Date: 4/5 missed ring toss

It was supposed to be a date with just Rosie and Jennie. Key word being supposed. The performers before TWICE - tweaks twaks ? - something like that (Jennie supposes she should keep up with the idol scene a little bit more); backed out due to touring conflicts. And then at the gallery Irene had asked Rosie to be the fill-in as a favor for the fair's big ending concert.

So - Rosie automatically had tickets to the fair for all days, and decided taking Jennie would be fun. Then Jane had wanted to go with Lisa, and Jane had told Jennie to bring friends. That she wanted to meet Jennie's friends. That was - quote unquote - "important for them to all bond"

With that, Jennie invited the girls from the office and Hyeri by default.

Now Jennie finds herself with Rosie and seven other people. It's more of a group date since everyone is coupled up, Yujin being the exception.

Good thing she's never been aware enough to notice the whole third wheel thing - well, now ninth wheel thing.

Rosie edges out and slowly puts on a mask to cover her mouth. She looks around a few times, lowers her glasses.

The corner of Jennie's lip twitches.

"What?" Rosie asks, slightly muffled.

"Nothing."

"Come on, I know you wanna say something."

"The mask is actually pretty smart - this place probably has a lot of germs."

Rosie grins - Jennie thinks she grins - and pulls out another mask from her pocket. How many does she carry? "Jennie's gonna need one too."

"Why?"

"Have you looked at a magazine lately?"

Jane appears behind them. "Rosie is quite right. The two of you are becoming something of a famous item."

"I can't come into the office without one or five men trying to interview me about you," Chaewon says.

Hyeri comes to her side. "Same for me with Rosie even though I'd never disobey patient confidentiality."

Jennie sighs. "How tedious." Jennie knows Chaewon can be shy, it's probably unpleasant for her, though Hyeri had an idea of what she was getting into when Jennie talked to her about having Rosie as a patient. Jennie will have to get even more security if the problem continues, maybe an extra guard.

Lisa grins and winks at her. "You get used to it."

"But you know what you don't get used to?" Rosie asks, looking at Jennie before facing Hyeri. "Shots in the butt. When is that gonna slow down?"

Hyeri laughs while Jennie rests her palm on her forehead. Idiot. "There is a reason you need the B12, Rosie."

"But," Hyeri cuts in, "the treatment should only be necessary for another month, max."

Rosie pulls her mask down with the specific purpose of poking her tongue out at Jennie.

Idiot. Really cute idiot.

Before Jennie can respond she flinches at the loud, "What's going on!" Yujin shouts. In her hands are two small loaves of bread, one half eaten. There are tiny crumbs on the corner of her mouth that she doesn't seem to notice. Suzy and Jisoo are giggling and holding hands and in general being disgustingly couple-y, per usual.