Date Four

🥰🥰🥰

DATE FOUR:

Place: Jennie’s apartment / Fred’s Pizza

Time: May 2nd, 9:00 pm

Yelp: 2/5 | Date: 5/5 literal star

So Rosie gets busy. Really, really busy because, like, every major public entity wants to talk with her. She’s been on the cover of five magazines including Vogue, been to four different countries for shoots and done 12 interviews.

Naturally, she doesn’t really get to go out on dates - but she texts Jennie at least once a day.

Still, Rosie gets lonely, or not lonely because Jane and Lisa are always there, but, she finds that she misses Jennie. A lot. So when things finally calm down, and Jennie asks her out she says yes immediately despite how exhausted she feels.

Rosie yawns just as the doorbell rings.

Jane opens the door to her room without actually asking her if it’s okay. Luckily, Rosie’s dressed. “Tired?” she asks.

“What do you think?”

She winks. “Might want to fix that. You never know what could happen, Rosie.”

Rosie throws a pillow at her, but misses. With a small grunt, she stretches out all of her limbs, glances in the mirror for a quick check to make sure she looks good and leaves the room to go and get the door.

When she answers it, Jennie is smiling. It makes Rosie’s stomach flip. “Weird not seeing you on a magazine cover with me,” Rosie says. She’s sent links to all of her interviews to Jennie, discussed what she can and can’t say about Jennie when asked. It’s almost become a joke of theirs. The magazine covers, the interviews, them being treated like some kind of super couple all because of a few photos.

Jennie’s lips fall. “You’re tired,” she states. It’s amazing how she can just know from a two second glance. “Have you been taking proper care of yourself?”

Rosie gives a sheepish grin before leaving the apartment so Jane won’t eavesdrop. “I’ll be okay. Rosie is very resilient.”

Jennie chews on her lip. “You should rest.”

“Is that the doctor’s order?”

“Yes.”

“And what about Jennie’s orders?”

Jennie stills. Her mouth opens as if to say something, but then closes tight. She looks away, a blush hitting her cheeks. “Would you like to - uh - rest with me? At my place?” Frantically she looks up, her eyes going wide, and Rosie can feel a sudden jolt of excitement bounce through her body at the idea of going to Jennie’s place. “Just to relax!” Jennie says and her throat cracks in a way that is so cute it almost eases the minor disappointment Rosie gets hit with.

“I’d like that.”

Jennie’s lips twitch before she looks up and down at Rosie. Her eyes glaze for a moment, linger longer than necessary in some places. “You should change. Into something more comfortable, I mean.”

Rosie shakes her head and does a slow tut with her tongue. “First you ask me to go to your place then you say to wear something more comfortable. Rosie has to watch out for Jennie…” she teases, running into her apartment before Jennie can respond.

In the end she puts on a pair of shorts and a tank top - something that’s cute enough for her to be seen in public with, but not exactly fancy.

They walk out to Jennie’s car, Rosie making sure to brush her hand against Jennie’s along the way.