Chapter 64: You don't fool me

Start from the beginning

Patient, the hardest thing to do.

"Landon, I hate you, no doubt about it, but I also want this company to grow." She started.

"You don't fool me,"

"I'm only trying to claim my father's love like you did. This life is a race, everyone gotta fight to get to the top. I'm a girl trying to make a name for herself." She shrugged.

"You're a witch. You think I don't know you have been communicating with Mordecai again?"

"I don't remember keeping it a secret," she said indifferently.

"You'll never succeed in taking everything away from me,"

"That's where you are wrong, Landon," she threw her legs on the table and leaned back lazily, "I already won. But if you can't handle it, sue me." I grabbed my phone and angrily walked out. My secretary carried my bag and laptop.

Just a little longer, Landon, breathe.

Brianna's standpoint

"Thank you, Archibald, for agreeing to help me," I said gratefully.

"I didn't do it for you, honey, I did it for Autumn. I owe her a lot of IOUs."

"Nevertheless, thank you. If it wasn't for you, we wouldn't have been able to get Mrs. Barrier and Vatina to stand for Autumn, you helped a lot."

"Those women love me, it's only fair I borrow their time and money after everything I have done for them. And like I said, all for Autumn. I have to go now, see you on Wednesday?"

"Definitely, say hi to your wife for me,"

"Brianna," he laughed, "I just started dating the girl, please don't even think about it."

"But Autumn said—"

"That woman is crazy, goodbye, Brianna." He hung up before I could argue.

Archibald was another of Autumn's hot male friends who adored her. She introduced me to him and the remaining two who were helping me at the wedding. They were more than happy to help her, though she was the one funding the payment for Kelvin and Vatina. Archibald and Mitchell easily agreed while Mrs. Sullie did it for Archibald. She was his godmother and Vatina was his best friend.

Once they buy the shares, they would hand it over to Autumn, then we would get three more people to buy some shares too. That would officially make her shares bigger than Landon's. I would add mine and after that, I would convince the workers to be loyal to me, get the original documents of the company from my father, and then boom! It all belongs to Mordecai!

Smiling at my phone, I exhaled with contentment. Mordecai would be so pleased with me that he would never get angry again. I can't wait.

My phone's ringtone interrupted my thoughts. I looked at the caller ID and gasped, my cheeks immediately turned red. This guy won't let me be.

"Yes?"

"I'm surprised you even answered my call,"

"Jacky, what do you want?" I asked with feign harshness.

"Dinner, you and me tomorrow night,"

"No," I deadpanned.

"If you don't get ready before 7 pm, I'll show up in your office on Wednesday singing a love song and holding flowers… Or better still, I go live and tell everyone the woman I love doesn't love me back. I dare you to test me."

"Jacky, be frank and sincere, what do you want from me?" I cried.

"I just told you, didn't I?"

"Fine! Pick me up then!" I hung up and growled.

How annoying… Wait, Jacky Olsen just asked me out. Oh my God!

I squealed, running around my office like a mad woman. Maybe he didn't ask me out, just out, but to me it was. Do you know who he is? Jacky is the most popular in Autumn's family as he is an actor, a scriptwriter, and owns his own TV show. He is the ambassador of many brands, and recently got his production and also helps run his father's company. The Man With Many Hands is his nickname. And Javie Bliss from his most popular movie… Oh, I love that one. He went all out with his charms and seductive skills in that movie. He hangs out with different people but has never dated. He has a lot, as in tons of female friends, celebrities, and all who have been rumored to be dating him but it was later proved otherwise. You can't really tell who he loves with the way he teases and frustrates everyone and anyone.

Yes, I am a huge fan.

He might just be asking me out for a regular date, but who am I to hang with him? A whole him! He lived such a free life it became hard to bother him. Imagine someone gets me on camera with him, my old friends who keep mocking me would be so jealous.

I immediately called Meredith, she knew him more than me since he was her older brother.

"Hey Bree, what's up?"

"Merrie, Jacky asked me out!"

"He what?!"

"He just called me and asked me out to dinner tomorrow evening, I'm so excited… Is it okay to be excited? Since he is your brother and you're my friend, am I walking into a trap?"

"Capital letter yes,"