Flower Crowns

It was a new day in the Boiling Isles and Hunter woke up. He was suprised that he was even able to get some sleep but now he was panicking.
"Oh Titan, today I'm supposed to start at Hexside but Emperor Belos said he had a very important mission for me, what am I going to do?" Hunter mumbled to himself, walking back and forth from one side of his room to the other.
Flapjack, who had been previously sleeping in his cage, woke up to the sound of Hunter's mumbles and flew out.
"Tweeet twee twee (It will be okay, Hunter!)" Flapjack said reassuringly, but the blonde haired boy was still stressed out.
Before Hunter could spiral into a panic attack, both him and his palimen heard footsteps coming towards the door.
"Little Prince, are you there?" Darius asked, knocking gently on the door to avoid frightening him like last time.
The scared face boy breathed a sigh of relief knowing it wasn't Belos or Kikimora. He then walked over and opened the door.
Outside, waiting for him, was Darius and Eberwolf perched on his shoulder.
"Hello Hunter, how are you doing?" The abomination coven head asked, scratching under Eberwolf's chin.
"Oh ummm..." Hunter didn't quite know what to say, as he didn't want to lie to one of the only people he trusted but he didn't want to tell the truth either.
"Don't worry, it's fine if you're not ready to say, I was just wondering if you are still okay with attending Hexside today?" Darius said, his face full of concern.
The boy still didn't quite know what to say but he just slowly nodded his head reluctantly.
"But what about-" Hunter asked, but he wasn't able to finish his sentence.
"Don't worry about Belos, I can just ask Adrian if he can make an illusion of you!" The man with abomination hair replied.
"Okay," Hunter mumbled in response.
Darius then looked from one side of the corridor and then the other, the Beast keeping coven head copying him.
"I think I need to go and talk to Adrian now, and you should go too!" Darius reminded.
Hunter nodded his head and then waved goodbye to them. The two coven heads walked off as the blonde haired boy shut the door.
"Tweee, tweet tweet tweee twt! (See, there is nothing to worry about!)" Flapjack said, showing off his "I told you so" face.
"I guess so, but anyway, we should get to Hexside now!" Hunter replied.
The cardinal palismen nodded his head and turned into staff mode. Hunter grinned as he picked the staff up and walked over to the window.
There was only a slight breeze outside so it would be a safe journey to get to the school.
With that, Hunter jumped onto his staff and flew out of the window, yelling "Byyeeeee!" as he did so...

___

One he had arrived, the blonde haired boy flew down and was now walking up to the school. It felt weird when all the teenagers and their gangs stared at him.
He knew he would be the new boy, but he didn't think people were going to respond this way.
Hunter opened the door and began walking down the hallway of the academy. It all felt very intimidating as he had never been to school before and was always homeschooled by Belos, Lilith or Darius.
He then arrived outside of Princple Bump's office. When he did so, the bloke haired boy took a deep breath before knocking on the door. If made him feel scared when the sound of doing so echoed across the hallway that was for some reason empty.
Suddenly, the door swung open which caused Hunter to take a step back. He thought it would end in a pan attack but then he saw the principal, with a warm smile on his face.
"Why hello there, you must be Hunter aren't you?" Principle Bump asked, gesturing to enter anyway.
Hunter gave and awkward smile and nodded before entering the room. When he got in, he immediately felt a sense of comfort and safety that he never felt back at the castle.
"So Hunter, which coven tracks do you want to join?" Principle Bump went straight to that question.
He had been very unsure on what track to choose for a while now. There were quite a few that interested him but he knew he wouldn't be allowed to pick multiple.
"Uhhhhh..." The boy mumbled.
"Why don't you do multitracks, that might be easier?" The principle adviced.
'But what if Emperor Belos finds out, he'll kill me...' He thought, sweating a little until he realised something, 'Oh right, as long as Darius and Eberwolf are covering for me, he'll never know!'
"Okay then, Beast-keeping, Abominations, Illusions and Plant tracks please!" Hunter came to a decision.
"Very good!" Principle Bump said, clasping his hands together, "Now I shall get you a multi-track student to show you around!"
The principal took hold of a microphone from his desk and held it close to his lips,
"Luz Noceda, could you please make your way to my office!"
Hunter felt his heart sink the second he hear her name. Him and Luz didn't get on very well and she would probably kill him.
He had to wait a few minutes in his chair but then he heard her walking up to the door. His heart was thumping rapidly and he couldn't stop himself from breathing heavily.
Luz opened the door and her gaw dropped immediately when she saw Hunter.
"You!" She shouted, pointing at him.
Hunter didn't know what to do at that moment in time so he just froze and looked at the ground, trying to forget she was even there.
"Well then, it looks like you two know each other already!" Principle Bump said happily, "Now Luz, could you show Hunter to his first lesson please?"
"Of course Princy B!" The Human said, sounding enthusiastic and she shot him some finger guns.
"Don't call me that," The man said in a very emotionless voice.
Luz walked out of the door and Hunter got up and followed her. Once the door shut, it was time for drama and interrogation for the two of them.
"What the heck are you doing here?!" The Human asked, trying her hardest to be quiet while walking through the corridor.
"Why does it matter to you?" Hunter replied, trying his hardest not to look in her direction and speeding up his walk to lose her.
"Uhhhh, I hate it when you try to ignore me!" Luz groaned, also quickening her pace.
This continued until they were walking so quickly to the point where they were running and a teacher told them off. They both apologised but once they were out of sight, they both huffed at each other.
"Well then," Luz said, now out of breath, "What lesson do you have first anyway?"
Hunter didn't quite no either so he unfolded the timetable in front of the human so she could see too.
"I guess I have Plant track first," The blonde haired boy declared.
"Same!" The latina girl replied, beaming at him despite they were just arguing exactly a minute before.
The bell rang, which signaled that it was now time to go to the next lesson. Luz then showed Hunter the way to the classroom.
When the teacher opened the door for them, Luz went off to her seat. The blonde haired boy wanted to follow but the teacher told him to wait in front of the class so that he could be introduced.
As he was standing at the front, he noticed a girl walk past him and sit down in her seat. But it wasn't any random stranger, it was Willow, captain of the Emerald Entrails Flyer Derby team.
When she turned to face him, Hunter got a glimpse of her beautiful, sage green eyes. He felt flustered immediately and turned away, but Willow didn't have the same reaction.
'What is Cale- I mean Hunter... doing here?' Willow asked herself.
Soon enough when all the students were sat down, the teacher walked to the front of the class and stood beside the blonde haired boy.
"Good morning class," The teacher greeted.
"Good morning!" Willow, Luz and other students replied in unison, most of them saying it rather sarcastically.
"We have a new member in our class!" They explained, puting a hand on Hunter's shoulder, which made him flinch from sudden touch, "This is Hunter! Hunter, why don't you tell everyone something about you?"
"Oh right! Ummm...." The boy mumbled, unsure of what to say.
He drowned himself in thought of what to say and then couldn't hear when some students around Willow and Luz started to giggle.
"It can be absolutely anything! An interest or maybe where you come from," The teacher suggested, now sounding a little bored that he was waisting time in class when they could be teaching instead.
"Well, my name is Hunter and I am apart of the Emperor's Coven and Emperor Belos' right hand man!" Hunter declared, smiling to himself, but then he realised that he probably had just made a fool of himself.
There was a mixed response in the room. Some looked at him wearily, like if they did anything wrong that they would end up getting reported to the Emperor. Some continued to snigger, either because they didn't believe him or they couldn't believe that some scrawny, sleep-deprived teenager managed to get that kind of role.
Luz face palmed, mainly because she had hope that he wouldn't immediately mess up his chance at getting a new start, but he did anyway.
But none of that mattered to him as he then turned to look at Willow. But at that point, she had already turned to look at the floor, a little disappointed.
"Well, that's nice," The teacher said sarcastically, "Anyway class, I shall now begin with the lesson!"
"Where am I supposed to sit?" Hunter asked.
Willow looked around the room, and then she realised something. The only seat that was empty, was the seat next to her.
"You can sit next to the girl with the black plaits and wearing glasses, her name is Willow and I'm sure you will get along just fine!" The teacher explained.
The blonde boy nodded and then walked over to Willow's desk. As he say down, the girl felt uncomfortable and she had flashbacks to a week ago, when they first met. And how she wasn't too sure if she could easily forgive him, after the betrayal.
As the teacher explained what they would be doing today, Willow was paying full attention, mainly to avoid glimpsing at the boy sat next to him.
Meanwhile, Hunter was stuck in a trance. As well as he should be listening and trying to good grades, as that is what going to school is for, she couldn't help that he would much rather stare at Willow. He would glimpse at her occasionally, but he could tell something was off about her, but he didn't suspect it was about the betrayal.
"Now then class, get to work!" The teacher broke Hunter's trance.
He looked around as all of the students began working on whatever project the teacher had just assigned. Then he turned to see the black haired girl next to him was also working hard.
Hunter then leaned towards her, not realising how uncomfortable that made her feel.
"Hey, so what are we supposed to do?" The boy whispered, not her ear because then it would be obvious that he wasn't working to the teacher.
"We're you not listening?" Willow asked, turning towards him and actually making eye contact.
"Yeah, I think I accidentally started daydreaming a little," Hunter admitted, blushing from embarrassment.
"I think you really need to listen to the teacher if you ever want to get anywhere with this track but, we're making flower crowns!" The girl said.
"Oh right, thanks!" Hunter replied.
He then watched as Willow swirled her finger in the air and magically, a crown made of pink, yellow and blue roses appeared.
She looked over at him and smiled, ignoring how she still didn't fully trust him.
Hunter was impressed on how easy it was and decided to try for himself. He lifted up his hand and then swirled his finger in the air, but nothing happened. He sighed and continued trying, but the girl next to him who had been watching the whole time, raised an eyebrow.
'Well that's weird, why isn't his magic working? He's apart of the Emperor's Coven, shouldn't he be able to do plant magic? Unless-'
"Uhhhh..." Hunter mumbled as he turned to look at her, "Could you maybe, help me?"
"Well, I don't know how I can help, but I could just make one for you anyway! What colour roses do you want?"
"Oh, pink, purple and blue please!" Hunter replied, a little caught off guard that Willow was actually willing to help.
The girl then lifted up her hand snd, once more, magically made a flower crown, this time with the coloured roses Hunter had requested.
"Thank you!" Hunter said, smiling non-awkwardily for the very first time.
"No problem," Willow replied as she placed the flower crown onto his head, "Glad I could help!"
It was a little awkward after that but meanwhile, from Luz's perspective, she was eating it all up.
"Oh my titan, they look so cute together! And does he realise those flowers are the colour of the Bisexual flag? I really need to ask Willow to make one for me!" Luz said as she watched the two from the opposite side of the classroom.
"What are you talking about?" A student who was sat next her asked.
"Ahhhhh!" Luz screamed, bot realising that she had said all of that aloud, "Nothing!"